VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear doing my mate a favour yesterday we went to exeter (from liskeard) to buy a motorbike. About 20 miles from exeter at around 65mph My lovely 2.5 ajt spat out 5th gear. I pulled over and checked the van and found i had still had the other 4 so i limped on to exeter at a steady 45mph. We got this bike and headed back with my gearbox that sounds like the mrs (lots of whining with no satisfaction). Amazingly i made it back didnt think i would but knew the box was ducked anyway Just didnt wanna sit on the side of the 38 in a broken t4. Anyway does anybody know if the 1.9 box goes in there etc. Also I've heard somewhere that the german box's are better does anyone know if this is true. I am grease monkey by trade and have everything i need to do the job so its not too hard etc but am struggling to find info. Regards Rob DOUBLEBOIS TYRE SERVICES... P.S Anyone got a box for sale....

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
give lancashirevw a pm,he was breaking an 88bhp.
ewb will prob b yr gearbox code.
if u remove black plate on end of box 5th gear is visible,often changed for a higer ratio.
best o luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply but i also lost 4th on the way to work this morning and i rerckon the box needs complete rebuild. being a father of 570000000 kids and with santa about to empty his sack at my house moneys a bit tight right now. i reckon my best option is throw another box in the hole for now and rebuild the old one next year with the 6 speed conversion. Just spoken to TPS and my gearbox code is DUJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts