VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this in the right section (please feel free to move it Mod's), However, as I am working my way through a long list of "To do's" on my T4, I thought I would enquire if any one knows where to get a rebuilt/uprated gearbox. I live in the Brighton area but, I guess that don't really matter as most places do mail order nowadays T:. There is a funny sort of road noise (not the tyres)which was there before I starting upgrading the engine, this is speed related as it goes up or down in decibels when ever I accelerate/decelerate. I was kind of hoping it would go away after all the brakes and suspension upgrades had been carried out but, it is still there :confused:. I am going to uprate the clutch to a stage two Kevlar clutch from Bluebird Customs and, thought I may as well sort the gearbox too as some long Euro trips planned for next year T::cool:. Any gearbox advice would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't believe no one on here knows anything about gearbox's!:confused:. Is this in the wrong section? If so would you please move it to the right one mod's?? Many thanks.

·
6,671 Posts
Hi Pete, I am the first to admit that I am no gb expert but it might be something
Simple, it might not.

Perhaps best to let someone see and hear the problem before assuming it needs an Expensive job
Doing on it. A bearing perhaps or driveshaft / cv joint possibly ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ron', yeah I know mate, just thought while i'm doing the new uprated clutch, I may as well put in a new uprated gearbox too. Going to be doing a lot of trips next year :D!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John. Seems like a very good company with excellent feedback T:. It is a bit far away from where I live (in case of any problems),although they do mail order. I may give them a bell mate ;). Much appreciated :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts