VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen loads on eBay etc,any recommendations as it seems to be 5" straight or angled. Loads for a fiver,but need some advice on the best one to choose. 1997 T4.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Also depends upon if you have 2 single seats or the twin passenger!
Change to an Autobox....MUCH better (y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 single seats,not sure if my arms have shrunk with old age,but it seems like I'm stretching down more to change gears comfortably. ?.Having said that I've been driving the same van for the last 23 years.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
just consider that lengthening the gearstick also lengthens the 'throw' to change gear ;)

depending on how the gearchange has been adjusted that could mean punching the dashboard / heater control or the seat

Rich.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got an angled (back so no dash punching ) one with a solid metal ball bearing top. Bit more than a fiver though, but works a treat as I have a front double seat. Only down side is it’s f#@cking freezing to hold in the winter ? but I Wear raynuads gloves anyway so doesn’t bother me.........

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
2 single seats,not sure if my arms have shrunk with old age,but it seems like I'm stretching down more to change gears comfortably. ?.Having said that I've been driving the same van for the last 23 years.
I have the same problem at home.
Put the "finished" food plates/bowls down for the pre-dish-wash dog to clean, and I keep saying to the wife we MUST raise that floor up!
Strange you got shorter as you get older, but why does the floor get further away?

I think if you put an extension on the gear lever, you also really need the "short-shift" mod on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts