VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen loads on eBay etc,any recommendations as it seems to be 5" straight or angled. Loads for a fiver,but need some advice on the best one to choose. 1997 T4.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,958 Posts
Also depends upon if you have 2 single seats or the twin passenger!
Change to an Autobox....MUCH better (y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 single seats,not sure if my arms have shrunk with old age,but it seems like I'm stretching down more to change gears comfortably. 😄.Having said that I've been driving the same van for the last 23 years.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
just consider that lengthening the gearstick also lengthens the 'throw' to change gear ;)

depending on how the gearchange has been adjusted that could mean punching the dashboard / heater control or the seat

Rich.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got an angled (back so no dash punching ) one with a solid metal ball bearing top. Bit more than a fiver though, but works a treat as I have a front double seat. Only down side is it’s f#@cking freezing to hold in the winter 🥶 but I Wear raynuads gloves anyway so doesn’t bother me.........

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,958 Posts
2 single seats,not sure if my arms have shrunk with old age,but it seems like I'm stretching down more to change gears comfortably. 😄.Having said that I've been driving the same van for the last 23 years.
I have the same problem at home.
Put the "finished" food plates/bowls down for the pre-dish-wash dog to clean, and I keep saying to the wife we MUST raise that floor up!
Strange you got shorter as you get older, but why does the floor get further away?

I think if you put an extension on the gear lever, you also really need the "short-shift" mod on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts