VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite everything I had been told of these guys before we found them excetionally friendly and helpful and attentive to our needs and welfare.

We had our van robbed yesterday, just south of Bordeaux. Within 30 mins they there which I thought was rapid considering it was only a minor crime.

All praise to them, and I hope they catch the toe rag who robbed us. We were lucky, all our passports and phones etc were with us and they climbed over £1000's of kitesurf gear and our Cobb to nick our clothes (all our clothes!!) And our picnic set.
Cooking and eating last night was a bit of a chore but other campers on the site helped out a lot.

All in all, bummer of a day but we are thabkful it wasn't a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did shrug their shoulders a fair bit now you mention it. Surely imposters wouldn't have gone to the lengths of driving a Berlingo and a Clio!
They all had guns - which does get your attention.

Need to price up having a new lock maqde for my key now - really don't want odd keys.

Typical - the money we have saved on wine we will have to fork out on a new lock and clothes
(Therefore we need to drink a lot more wine to break even)

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
They arnt all good.....some rollerblade. Mind you, it is in 'gay' Parreee*

Skateboarders joke......

Glad your OK, hope it doesnt ruin your hols. Cant have been nice.:(

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't nice seeing your stuff thrown in ther verge. My heart stopped for a moment. I just flung the door open in a rage - didn't think for a moment they coukld have still been in there (very doubtful) but that coulld have changed things.

Won't ruin the holiday at all, no way. Its already changed things but that's ok. Other campers have been brilliant and helped us with stuff.
I wouldnt have been able to keep a straight face if our ones had rocked up on roller blades.

Just want some wind now to kitesurf, been here 12 days and nowt so far..... That's what's bugging me the most.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they say things balance out eventually and what goes around comes around.
Last night we camped on an Aire and the very nice familly accross from us happened to be Brits and VW nuts, the father happened to own 6 VW dealerships in the SW.
Had a very pleasant evening with them and he has offered to do me a good deal on a lock replacement. Its things like these that put the smile back on your face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts