VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys. Been awhile since i was here so good to finally be back with a new user name and password.

Up till now i have only had T4's but i have seen a 2007 T5 2.5tdi 130bhp 75k miles with fsh. Price and spec look good but i still need to see it in the flesh.

I've heard that some models of T5 have been beset with problems and issues. Any tips, thoughts and advice would be appreciated, particularly for the above model. I love the looks of the T5 and have always hankered after one but have stuck with my T4s because on the whole they have been faultlessly reliable and dependable.

I've only seen photos at the moment and am wondering about one in particular that shows the dash with the emission control light on in yellow. Is this normal to be on when you put the key in the ignition.

Assuming emission light is for the cat?? or dpf??? but happy to be corrected.

Looked for an answer as to what it might be but its unclear if this light would come on when you put the key in the ignition. Link below

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warning-light/emissions-control-lamp

As i said price looks good but if it needs a dpf its not so great as i know these are not cheap.

Look forward to you all telling me how great they are and hopefully the light being a non issue or reasonable fix.

Cheers for now.
Ed

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
2007 will have a DPF mine has.

And yes the light cones on with the key in and then off once started.

I love my 2.5 130! Can't really say anymore.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,786 Posts
Agreed, a 2007 2.5 will almost certainly have a DPF, and it will definitely have an EGR valve.

But it's perfectly normal for the engine management light to be on if the ignition is on but the engine not running. If it comes on with the engine running that's a different matter, and if so I would suggest that you have the fault codes read before buying, as DPF failure - for example - can be very expensive to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts