VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just in the process of buying a T5 so still learning about the various models, conversion options etc. I'd be very grateful if someone could clarify whether the van advertised below is a genuine Sportline or is a replica. In my limited knowledge, I thought a Sportline had chrome side bars, Sportline leather seats, a larger Kenwood screen in the dash and that the Sportline badge is usually on the right hand side of the tailgate? I appreciate the sidebars may have been removed for styling but think it strange to remove leather seats and reposition a badge? I'm happy to be corrected on my knowledge!! I may be completely wrong in my understanding of the Sportline trim. Is there anyway I can conform from DVLA, VW or paperwork whether it's a genuine Sportline?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201805036168879

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Stick the reg in here https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/used-prices/

It will give you info you need on the factory spec 9 times out of ten

It’s a T28, it will be close to the maximum gross weight.

The T28/T26 van are the most basic budget entry level vans. Most van converters choose these as they are cheap and readily available. They stick a 4k conversion in...£25k camper thanks very much.

·
2012 180 Sportline SWB Camper
1,144 Posts
Fake.

Been a Sportline owner for the over 5 years and never understood why people copy them there’s better specced vans out there.

Highline much better value for money.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Wrong alloys, no side bars, no leather seats.

Still a nice van. Good conversion with a Ribb seat but the T28 will be a limiting factor. You could get it re plated to T30 for a few quid though?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies, I really value your time in replying and sharing your knowledge. My suspicions were that it was a Highline. I haven't seen it in person yet but it does look a decent conversion nonetheless and I wasn't necessarily after a Sportline. The T28 load rating wasn't something I had considered as being near to the limit - what would be involved in getting rated to T30 as suggested?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Thank you all for your replies, I really value your time in replying and sharing your knowledge. My suspicions were that it was a Highline. I haven't seen it in person yet but it does look a decent conversion nonetheless and I wasn't necessarily after a Sportline. The T28 load rating wasn't something I had considered as being near to the limit - what would be involved in getting rated to T30 as suggested?
With it not having front foglights,Leather steering wheel and the dash vents are black i would say its a Trendline.
The van sits very level with a full conversion done its possible for it to have had atleast the suspension springs changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts