VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
I've just taken my genuine VW sliders out of my doors, a work of moments. Transferring to new(er) doors.

I'd be happy to take pictures of the doors with no windows in with measurements if you can wait till Monday.

As you say, they are bolt in, but it might help if you know what size the hole and the radius of the corners are.

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
If they are like mine they sit slightly proud. Some people do prefer the sleek glass sheets, but the genuine caravelle ones look better (imho) than many aftermarket ones that were sold before the glass sheet ones, they always look a bit small. I do like the simple glass sheets and might be tempted to fit them but dont know whether I would miss the sliding bit....decisions...

these pics might help, but I'll do a selection for you monday.

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Ok< I Have done a series of pics, if you PM me your email address I can the send Hi Res pics so you can see the measurements easily of the opening, I have taken a few shots. Hopefully you can see how far in the lip is, not sure how your door will be cut to give you that recessed lip? The hole starts from the edge of the door hangle inside, as a guide.
Here is a small selection of the pics anyway, Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.