VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not all tyre or garages will do camber and castor only toe in.
When I wanted mine done I searched for an outlet that used the 'Hunters' system and settled on a large accident repair centre local to me that uses it to re-align vehicles after major repairs.
They provided me with a 'before' and 'after' adjustment printout which was very extensive which clearly showed the settings achieved.
Try asking at these that are near to you or google it and see what pops up.

Interestingly I took my wife's 1 series BMW there as well a few months back and a couple of weeks ago it went in for a service and the garage told her that her toe in was out after they had put it on their equipment....she didnt believe them.
She took it back to the repair centre who checked it again for her and it was fine. With her vehicle it has to have weight added to the seats (makes sense) before measuring but seemingly the garage didnt know this.

This past Saturday we went back to the garage and had a couple of tyres fitted to the front and they again claimed it was wrong, when she told them that after her prior visit she took it to have it rechecked and it was perfect she then said to the fitter do you weight the vehicle? I think he was a bit surprised she knew all about that, he said sometimes but its not really necessary.

Clearly they have no clue.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Weight changes everything ............. latest equipment takes all that into account .............. sounds like they need to find someone who knows what they are doing ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chums. Nowt wrong with it, but after replacing rack, shocks, wishbones and all bushes, it cant harm to get it done. Plus gonna need some new BFGs soon, and at £120 odd a corner, dont want to be wearing them out any quicker.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,779 Posts
After changing just one of those parts, it should be done!

Nothing like the same vehicle, but my wife's Smart Roadster has eaten a set of front tyres after 3000 miles 'cos the tracking was off....and that thing, if you jack either front wheel up, the other comes of the road as it's so light. (Around 800kg total!)
Must be much more important with a 1400kg (or so) front axle load!

Out of curiosity, why are you driving around with Big Friendly Giants? :confused:
That must be extra weight.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were on it when bought. Ideal because I was doing a lot of mtb and mudrunner races. Been to ill this last year but still use it for fishing. I like the look too. Also, they last for yonks :)

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,779 Posts
"still use it for fishing"

Surely a rod and bait would be better?
All you'll catch with a T4 is a whale!

Unless you have a bed in the back and talking about a different sort of "fishing"
(But again, you'd probably only get a whale). LOL:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL: There is a bed in the back, as it goes. Hasn't worked for me yet, although, I am expecting Taylor Swift, to get to me eventually :gl:db

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just had van aligned with Lee at FCM Bristol. Top job fair play. Explains everything and gives you a fancy printout too. T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts