VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from here going? Planning a trip down there with my son, might take the wife and daughter along for a day out.

Can't make T4 Fest as we're in France but I've bought my tickets so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Not this year, helped organise bits of it last year!

I'm off on a training course all weekend, enjoy your trip to Beaulieu.

·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually cheaper to take your own car in to the show than it is to get entry to Beaulieu itself, it is a bit expensive especially as kids are free into most car shows, even Goodwood is free for kids.

·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're here, what can I say? Rather disappointed, not laid back like a good VW show, the whole place smells of polish and back to black. There's a guy next to me jacking up his old 944 Porsche and polishing inside his wheel arches and using a scrubbing brush on his tyres. There's a rather worrying amount of old men polishing their BMW's and turning their noses up at the young lads in their quality VDubs.

There's a late White T4 near us that looks very tidy too and on our left we've got sweary Mary and his mates who can't string a sentence together without at least three F words and a wanchor thrown in for good measure.

Don't think I'll be coming back here next year, only about 5 traders and nothing decent to buy either. On the up side the girl whos on the gate seems to have permanently erect nips, result!!

Moan/rant over.

·
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh yeah, and the guy with the Lamborghini Gallardo Spider with his offensive rap music, constant stream of [email protected]@@er and motherforker. Considering there were lots of kids around, we moved in the end to get away from him and Sweary Mary.

Also put the ticket up for the Show and Shine and they walked straight past me. Unless you've got a big Bimmer or a mag featured VW it doesn't seem they're that bothered.

It's worth the entry fee just to get in and see the museum for a tenner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts