VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The German Solution

From January 2008 all vehicles must bear a windscreen sticker in order to enter Low Emissions Zones or "Umwelt Zones" in Berlin, Cologne and Hanover, with other German cities following this example in due course.

Emissions Compliance
  • Euro 0 and 1 vehicles are not eligible for stickers and do not comply with low emissions requirements and are not allowed to enter the Low Emissions Zones
  • Euro 2 vehicles have red stickers and currently do comply
  • Euro 3 vehicles have yellow stickers and do comply
  • Euro 4 and 5 vehicles have green stickers and do comply
How to obtain a windscreen sticker

For a 10 Euro fee stickers can be obtained from local licensing offices or other competent bodies designated under Länder Law; certain garages that carry out exhaust smoke tests and agencies such as Dekra and TÜV either within Germany or their overseas offices. It is possible to order stickers prior to a trip by submitting Registration Documents via fax or e-mail (as a scanned document) or as a copy by post. The sticker will then be forwarded by post but postage costs will have to be paid on top of the cost of the sticker. As the UK Registration Document does not identify the emissions standard for vehicles, the date of first registration is used as a basis for classification, rather than the engine number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I know this thread is a little bit old now - but I was wondering if anyone knew what the state of play was at the moment for our T4s in relation to current German emissions law (LEZ). Is there a list of T4 types with their eligibility for the stickers, which colour they are entitled to, and so on. I was thinking of taking my T4 to Germany later on this summer - and wasn't sure if I was eligible. Any help - or info would be appreciated. I drive a T4 2.4diesel (L Reg). Thanks

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
just seen this.

and I have just been looking into it.

map of sites
http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/

How Germany deal with Foreign registered vehicles

http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/de-foreign-table

to sum up if you have a diesel first registered before the 01/01/2006 then you are not getting to to any of these LEZs
for petrol if your van is registered before 01/01/1993 then you and not going into them either.

it does not matter if you have a London LEZ sticker they are not valid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts