VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

i know this has probably been asked millions of times - please excuse any repetition. I am looking to purchase my first t5 and i would be really interested in anybodys experience with germania, m4 motor company or broadway van centre. Please pm me any personal grievences.Many thanks in advance for your time.

Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there.

i know this has probably been asked millions of times - please excuse any repetition. I am looking to purchase my first t5 and i would be really interested in anybodys experience with germania, m4 motor company or broadway van centre. Please pm me any personal grievences.Many thanks in advance for your time.

Matt
I would be interested in the respones because i've been looking at these places and im not sure about the quaility of the vans.

Where else can you look for a t5 -apart from ebay,pistonheads,autotrader.

J

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I would be interested in the respones because i've been looking at these places and im not sure about the quaility of the vans.

Where else can you look for a t5 -apart from ebay,pistonheads,autotrader.

J
transporterland in lydney,all have there pros and cons,they are after all car/van dealers, i got mine from trannyland,few issues which were sorted,but there after sales is rubbish,few members have had issues with them,i was lucky only live down the road from them so easy to get things sorted,also my mate is a top vw/audi mech,who looks after it for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would also be interested to hear any personal experiences of Transporterland too. I know it's a gamble any time you buy a car, it would just be good to hear some of the pros and cons of the companies in the south wales region.

Thanks for the support!T:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lets not pm just to 1 person just put the post up on here, how else are we all going to learn who to deal with and who not.
Besides if the companies do see whats been put on here whether good or bad perhaps they will be able to sort the problems out that they maybe didnt know they had!!

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Lets not pm just to 1 person just put the post up on here, how else are we all going to learn who to deal with and who not.
Besides if the companies do see whats been put on here whether good or bad perhaps they will be able to sort the problems out that they maybe didnt know they had!!
theres a few threads on these companies already the search button is your friend,i have had a long chay with john and sarah at transporterland about issues,with customer care,that was well over a year ago,things havent changed.:ILU: try this http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=204437&highlight=transporterland

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
You could try Antrac Motors in Quakers Yard. He does stock a few T5's but only hlaf a dozen or so. However, Anthony is one of the good guys as far as motor traders go and would go out of his way to make sure you were a happy customer.
I usually trust him to buy my vans for me when I havent got time to source them myself.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You could try Antrac Motors in Quakers Yard. He does stock a few T5's but only hlaf a dozen or so. However, Anthony is one of the good guys as far as motor traders go and would go out of his way to make sure you were a happy customer.
I usually trust him to buy my vans for me when I havent got time to source them myself.
Totall agree with Ed about Anthony.

I've known him since I was 18.

He originally supplied my van to my mate I bought it from T:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for your replys.
I think i might have found a van but its a panel van with 84 bhp but i would like to have windows,rear seats and remap done.
Wheres the best place to get windows done? and what is the cost for slider windows?
Wheres the best to get a remap done and what bhp could i expect and how much would it cost?
Where do you get rear seats from and are they easy to fit-im not bad with spanners.
Any info as wheree to go would be great.

Hopefully i might have a t5.1 by the weekend-i'll post pics asap.T:

Jamie

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Thanks for your replys.
I think i might have found a van but its a panel van with 84 bhp but i would like to have windows,rear seats and remap done.
Wheres the best place to get windows done? and what is the cost for slider windows?
Wheres the best to get a remap done and what bhp could i expect and how much would it cost?
Where do you get rear seats from and are they easy to fit-im not bad with spanners.

Jamie
84bhp can be remapped to around 135/140. aurora on here does the pendle remaps he is in newport.;looking around £250 ish,theres a few guys who do windows,try n find out for you,depends on what seats you want 2/3,sure someone will prob see your thread and give you some more ideas.T:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Thanks for your replys.

Jamie
Windows give Dean the vandoc a shout on here and he will come to you loads of pics and good feed back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would also be very interested in hearing about window fitting and triple rear seat fitting near the Newport area too. Having looked at some of the vans on offer at the said garages, i would still want to make my own modifications; therefore purchasing a standard van and kitting it out how i want is still very much an option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.