VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be done without going to a VW dealership? It's doing my head in. As soon as I start driving, it locks itself - I want it turned off. I'm in the North of Scotland near Inverness?
Many thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
10,342 Posts
It's a few years since I had a trial subscription, but I'm pretty sure that Carista will do it. Things may have changed but it used be designed so that the free trial version would show you what options it could change - though of course you had to upgrade to the paid-for version before it would actually allow you to do it.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Yep i think Triffic is correct .
I bought a carista earlier in the year and i'm pretty sure this is one of the options it gave you.
When you buy it you get a months free trial but have to sign up to a yearly subscription before it works ....as long as you cancel it before the end of your free month you dont actually pay for the year .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look on their website at ge vehicles supported and they only said t5.1 onwards.

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,471 Posts
It's really easy to change that function with genuine VCDS. I don't know where you are but it's worth a google around for a local VW enthusiast with VCDS for such a simple change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts