VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by those that travel in the rear of my ex AA that there is no fresh air flow, after recent trips out in the nice weather.

I read this thread, http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42710&highlight=rear+ventilation but wanted to know which way people had overcome this.

I see Vansport do bonded sliding windows at a a price or is a sunroof better to generate air flow for the back. As our 6 month old travels in the back I suppose I would need a blind on the sunroof to prevent here sitting in the sun, or would a good tint prevent this?

Advice, experiece welcome before I have to spend money.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought my wan with the sliding windows already installed, my van has no sunroof and no vents at the top of the headliner like some versions. The sliding windows work great, but they have no child safety built into them and can open fully. I like mine as they give a nice cross breeze and are water tight.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I put a second hand slider from a vell in my sld.

Got an auto glass firm to cheesewire the bonded window off (sold that) and bolted the new one in!
Stands a little proud but I like it and the back is much cooler :D

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
i opted for the vansport side windows on both sides , i know they are more money but i didnt want to make a mistake by buying non sliders and then have to pay again to put sliders in .
there been fitted tomoz so i will post a pic up on my build thread by the weekend T:
kieran

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an ex-AA van and replaced the window behind the driver with a bonded sliding window and a sunroof that has built in blinds. I had them done by Arthur at the Mad workshop in Bristol. Good value and water tight! Have a look at his website.

PhillipT:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts