VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a W plate 1.9td T4 and am looking to get a bit more grunt out of it, it's too old to be remapped etc what would you guys suggest to be a viable but realistic option?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
the turbo/fuel pump mod will make a difference

don't skimp on air & fuel filter quality (OEM is best ) or replacement intervals

check that accelerator cable moves freely (they can stick), and if a damper is fitted then disconnect it T:

enjoy

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Turbo, fuel pump, injectors and taller fifth gear are about your only options.

I have the same engine and have removed the DPF from the exhaust and blanked the EGR. It's going to Maz at MV Engineering (Telford) for the rest early this year (I hope). I also use Diesel Rhino and regularly change my fuel and air filters, plus oil changes.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts

I have the same engine and have removed the DPF from the exhaust and blanked the EGR. It's going to Maz at MV Engineering (Telford) for the rest early this year (I hope). I also use Diesel Rhino and regularly change my fuel and air filters, plus oil changes.
T4's never had a dpf, i'm guessing you mean the cat?

·
Registered
452 Posts

Maz is simply awesome. He is also my T4 mechanic, even though I live in Kent!!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts

Maz is simply awesome. He is also my T4 mechanic, even though I live in Kent!!
He's just done £2500 work on our T3 Syncro. Its the T4s turn next.
Where in Telford is he based?

Andy:ILU:
Maz is on Halesfield....
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MV-engineering/229623683762014

Want to know what he can do?
Look at my thread, ALL the engine work was done at Mario's.

Performance speaks for itself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ive got an abl was horendous when i got it, ive blanked egr, adjusted pump and boost, 2.8 pajero intercooler, air filter and decat, goes well now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts