VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i am in the process of polishing up my van and its coming along great :) BUT what do you lot use to get your bumpers and grill's nice and Black ?

Back to black, well i cant seem to get it to work on my bumpers !! So what else is there ?

I have been told to use "smooth peanut butter" something to do with the oil in it. Has anyone else heard of this or is someone taking the :* out of me.

Any sugestions please ?

Si

·
Registered
199 Posts
Auto-Glym do a product called bumper care that brings them up nicely, but I've been told black shoe polish works just as well.

There's a way of doing the bumpers with a heat gun that I've seen on here, which brings them up really nicely and is a longer term fix if they're really grey, maybe somebody can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tryed some black shoe polish, it did not work well !! My bumpers are not really that grey but need to be black !!

·
Registered
152 Posts
use a heat gun an old valeters trick you will see the colour changing infront of your eyes takes a while but well worth it, just use a good bumper gel afterwards to help it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts