VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having the van back from the garage for a master cylinder replacement( brakes failed and we hit a Mercedes van) , ive managed a total of 2 days trouble free motoring. , the clutch has started slipping, so much I just made it home... Wish this poxy van would give me a break and just let me try to enjoy it..:(:(:(:(:(:(, getting so hacked off I think it's gonna have to go To the scrappys Ffs:*

Rant/ generally feeling sorry for oneself.... now officially over

·
Registered
528 Posts
I went through a similar episode with my van about 18 months ago.. So many things went wrong and no fewer than 4 local garages mis-diagnosed stuff and I kept replacing part after part etc etc... finally got it sorted after spending nearly a £1000 :eek:
... Then the clutch went... :( £500 please.... What I've spent on my van in the last 3 years would've easily covered the payments on a nearly new Audi A4..... but the only thing keeping me sane is the monumentally high re-sale price of these vans...
Chin up mate, coz when they're good - they're f*****g ACE... Did 3500 mile trip to Rome last summer, the van cruised over the alps like it was nothin.... I still look at the pics all the time....
Doin it again next year...
Pete

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, the 2 days trouble free motoring, I was happy as could be, drove down to west witterings and had a lovely little adventure with our kids.....however 260 quid to get to the beach and back is getting a bit much.:(

Still ranting......arrrrrgh

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just rang the scrappy's, hoping this would give me a few bob or a new start.....looks like their offer will just cover the cost the recent work...... When it rains it certainly pours in this house....:*

·
Registered
398 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad luck, but if the brakes failed after having a mastercylinder fitted at a garage after 2 days surely you need to get in touch with them or trading standards or something! have you got receipts for the work you had done? i would definately get on to them i would be livid!
depending on the damage you could still get good money if you broke the van or sell it as spares or repairs.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sorry to hear about your bad luck, but if the brakes failed after having a mastercylinder fitted at a garage after 2 days surely you need to get in touch with them or trading standards or something! have you got receipts for the work you had done? i would definately get on to them i would be livid!
depending on the damage you could still get good money if you broke the van or sell it as spares or repairs.
Hi mate,
The event unfolded like this
Existing Master cylinder fails under load..... I then bump the Anglian windows van(it's true honest)
Insurance company will only fix the consequence of accident not the cause( will fix body work not the cause I.e brakes)
Insurance company won't take van for fixing till brakes are sorted
New master cylinder fitted Brakes fixed
2 happy days in van then:-
Clutch goes pop
:*:(
May have to go down the spares or repairs route when I stop sulking.....it's got a brand new master cylinder in it after all:eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
What year engine milage is it?

Dood, sit down, have a cuppa tea, then go give you van a hug!
Have a word with it and share your feelings.... Then threaten it with the crusher if it doesnt buck its ideas up :D

If you bin it... You'll be sorry

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a 2001, 2.5 tdi twin slider with 151,000 miles on the clock...been out and had a word with van to no avail...will send wife out later to give van a proper talking too:*

·
Registered
879 Posts
like the guys said chum, i'd sort that garage out pronto, trading standards chase em up for you. as for the van if you want to sell it, just list it in the for sale section, theres loads of peeps looking for T4s, but if you sell it once the brakes and the body work is done , you'll be sorry when you see other peeps drivivng thier vansI:, mines a keeper no matter what goes wrong with it:D

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi mate,
The event unfolded like this
Existing Master cylinder fails under load..... I then bump the Anglian windows van(it's true honest)
Insurance company will only fix the consequence of accident not the cause( will fix body work not the cause I.e brakes)
Insurance company won't take van for fixing till brakes are sorted
New master cylinder fitted Brakes fixed
2 happy days in van then:-
Clutch goes pop
:*:(
May have to go down the spares or repairs route when I stop sulking.....it's got a brand new master cylinder in it after all:eek:
Hi folks, updated post as I caused a bit of confusion with my previous ramblings( it was the old master cylinder that fubared), not the one the garage fitted:confused: apologies for the confusion, but cheers for the support

1 - 12 of 12 Posts