VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone stayed at this site over Xmas/Newyear in the past, or even when theres a good amount of snow down?
Thinking of a trip there next year or possibly French Alps, will be in a Winter Insulated German caravan and Landrover Discovery, so access should not be an issue.

Any experiences most welcome,

Cheers*<:)>

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi never stayed but been up that way plenty of times, there is part of the site in the forrest next to loch morlich which is pretty sheltered, also a small site at rothiemurchus on the way up to glenmore on the right ,just past coylumbridge hotel. you wont have any problems with the land rover pulling you around... Enjoy its my favourite part of scotlandT:A:T:I::):ILU:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its a hit or a miss, depends on the frost, check out aviemore webcam, it has a camera in the village , one at loch morlich and two on the ski ing area, good luckT:T:T:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I've done winter trips there for the last 3 years - been cold and snowy each time.... got stuck once (vitoI:) and have helped a motor home get to a pitch (they were blocking my pitch!!!) - they do/did have a tractor for helping people who get stuck - BUT they do generally they keep the site roads clear - not back to black but def. driveable with a caravan/motorhome Etc..

going again in 9 days - really really hoping for some snow between now and then (for the snowboarding.... and the new syncroI:)

overnight snowfall couple of years ago :) - can't find last years pics but they were about the same (also fell to -17c [point something] according to the site warden

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts