VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just acquired an Ex AA Van T4 from Banwy Vans. Had it resprayed black, lowered slightly and wicked 18" alloys. However needs a new glovebox lid as all the AA vans have them removed to fit laptop docking bracket. Anyone tell me where to get one?

Many thanks.
:cool:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have just acquired an Ex AA Van T4 from Banwy Vans. Had it resprayed black, lowered slightly and wicked 18" alloys. However needs a new glovebox lid as all the AA vans have them removed to fit laptop docking bracket. Anyone tell me where to get one?

Many thanks.
:cool:
got mine from ebay.de (germany) last year search for t4 handschufrau ...erm...i think. was a lot cheaper than getting one from the uk at the time. they dont seem to do paypal, but i just sent off the cash, bit risky but had no probs

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey chap. Got my van from Banwy too. Had it nearly a year and am dead chuffed. A few minor snags that have been sorted. Have slowly improved it and it looks a whole lot tidier now. Just put a set of 17inch RS4s on which has totally transformed the look. Check out this website. www.247spares.co.uk/ Pop your reg in, it'll tell you what vehicle you've got, select your part from the drop downs and they'll text you a quote, often within minutes. You're looking at £55 for a glove box, crazy price me thinks but that just seems to be the going rate. Good luck...T:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Go and find a local scrappie. If they have a T4 in and it hasn't already been snaffled, you shouldn't expect to pay more than a tenner for a complete glove box, or a fiver just for the lid!

Paying £40 + is absolutely ridiculous to be honest - 'going rate' or not :eek:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Go and find a local scrappie. If they have a T4 in and it hasn't already been snaffled, you shouldn't expect to pay more than a tenner for a complete glove box, or a fiver just for the lid!

Paying £40 + is absolutely ridiculous to be honest - 'going rate' or not :eek:
All the van's i have ever done up that have needed glove box's (before i started to break vans) i brought from members on here (5 in total so far) and have always paid £45 always:eek:

I have a few for sale at the mo, The most expensive is £45 with an end cap

I am deffo not taking the :* just going on what i have paid for them before and what i thinks fair

So-Kal if you can get me some at £10 i will have hundreads off you (not trying to be funny, i would)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
i got mine from my mates brother. he works for the aa and when he was given his old t4 they left all the modded bits in there when he picked it up. had it in his garage. cost me a pintT: was worth askingA:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
im sure ive got a complete half decent glove box with the lock if your interested. i will have to have a check for deffo tomorow but certain its still here
£45 delivered

pm me if interested
andy

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
If it makes you happy / laugh, then I just paid £200 for a captains seat that was definitely not as mint as the seller described, and if on ebay he would have negative feedback whether he liked it or not, and £60.....yes £60 for a glovebox. Despite reading on here that they were cheaper from VW than on ebay, my local VW stealer quoted me £120 for the box the lid and the catches. So I thought I either spend weeks / months looking, or just pay the money and get it done..... went with the latter, but it wont stop me moaning if I get the chance;).

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
All the van's i have ever done up that have needed glove box's (before i started to break vans) i brought from members on here (5 in total so far) and have always paid £45 always:eek:

I have a few for sale at the mo, The most expensive is £45 with an end cap

I am deffo not taking the :* just going on what i have paid for them before and what i thinks fair

So-Kal if you can get me some at £10 i will have hundreads off you (not trying to be funny, i would)
Will - I got my lid for £5 from the scrappie near me (and they tend to be dear for a LOT of things) and local friends have bought the entire box for £10-20 at most.

Maybe it's because 'oop north' there isn't such demand?? I have no idea .......There certainly aren't loads in scrappies, so maybe that's why???

I guess people will pay whatever they feel is justified or what they can afford (and I'm not knocking them for doing so) - and I also think the area of the country dictates the 'going rate'

I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't pay £40 + for a glovebox..... :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
i bought a whole van just to get a glove boxI: it was rotten with a broken engine but it had all the bits i needed for mine and when i sold some other parts it worked out well for me and got what i payed for it back.
at the time the cheapest i could get a glovebox was £60.00:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I wonder where all the original gloveboxes that the AA took out ended up?

Now that would be a treasure trove I:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts