VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just thought I'd post this info if it helps others. Problem started with EML on, which I took to nationwide chain of garages who should stick to selling bikes, as that was the company used by the warranty provider. They said No 2 Glow plug, but it's almost certainly the loom so do both at once to save labour. £180 later it was sorted - for 2 weeks then light back on. They tested again and said "similar problem" but they'd need to do full diagnostics as the problem must be further up the wiring, need 2 hours work. I then had a better search on here, bought the Maxiscan MS309 OBD2 reader (£13.50 on EBAY), which showed no 1 plug open. Using another post suggested testing wiring & plugs. Bridge wire read 2.9 volts at each plug end, so moved on to resistance, others settled at 0.8. No 1 plug showed no reading, so popped it out and it didn't look new. Popped out the other 3 which were all Bosch & new. Now written to request refund for charging for work not carried out and/or unnecessary work. However, then left having to get another plug. Not having the foresight to jot down the number on the plug, I relied on Motorworld who got me a Bosch plug 250 202 023. That looked same physical size as the old one so popped it in and EML went out. However to days later it was back on again and showing the same code. Resistance on new plug was 1.2 as on examination the 2 plugs were different - web suggests one is 5 volt and the other 11. It looks like Motorworld only use engine size, (if not Reg no) whereas other sites use the model code, engine size and output, (Mine's a 2007, 7HA, 1.9 102bhp), Now put in a 250 402 005 and re set the EML light, tried a few restarts, so hopefully all now sorted. Now for that intermittent sliding door won't unlock problem.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Keep us informed re the intermittent sliding door unlock issue.
I look a right Wally standing in the rain pressing unlock before it finally decides to go.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did hear that the wiring under the drivers seat gets corroded due to damp/wet feet etc, this can cause locking/ unlocking problems.
May not be that, worth a look.. Quite common :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts