VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can,t start my 2.5 tdi, just tunning over fine and battery is fully charged, there,s no glow plug light coming on so i,m assuming thats the problem, i can,t find the 50A fuse thats meant to be feeding them, manual show,s it in the engine bay above the brake servo unit. Can anyone advise me where to find this and also if you think the problem lies here or elsewhere. Any help apreciated.
Daz

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I doubt it's the fuse if the light isn't coming on. What year is the van?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most likely to be relay 109.
I,ve just made contacts on coil on relay and yeah fires up straight away, i,ve just been quoted £24.00 for one from a dealer, seems expensive to me ,i was expecting a tenner at most or am i dreaming.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got probs still , i took cover off from old relay and made contacts maually with screwdriver and it started straight away but would cut out as soon as i released (don,t know if this is normal or not) i,ve now replaced with new relay and still won,t start and no glow plug light displayed on dash.
So stuck old one back in and shorted again and it fired up straight away only this time the oil warning light came on and could hearing a beeping warning buzzer from dash. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At a guess I would say your earth from the ecu to relay 109 is broken. Normally in the wiring over the top of the engine.

Plenty of good write ups on diagnosis - this is the best

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68572
You were spot on wire snapped in exact position stated, i can,t see why this should be a weak spot for the wire to break but help much apreciated.
Daz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts