VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new at this I have a t5 t30 2.5 on a 59 plate I have a problem with it starting I have been lots that it’s the glow plug relay that has a intermittent fault but I can’t seem to find it. I thought it would be under the battery but nope so I’m at a loss. Heeeeeeeellllllllp 😖

·
Special Rapporteur
8,956 Posts
I've looked at this several times before, and each time I look (at the documentation) I come to the conclusion that the pre-facelift has no glow plug relay, and that the glow plugs are switched directly by the ECU. The facelift models appear to have a separate Glow Period Control module, which presumably has either its own internal relays or solid state switching. That's what the documentation seems to show - but I would of course be happy to be corrected!

However, unless you live somewhere that's been very cold recently, it probably won't be caused by the glow plugs, because a T5's engine should start without glow plugs at any temperature above freezing.

What diagnostic codes are you getting? I would think a problem with the electrical loom to the glow plugs is a more likely cause of the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right I will get those codes to you as soon as I can thank you very much 👍🏻

1 - 3 of 3 Posts