VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get these two items ? Van is running slightly rough under 2000rpm and is getting quite hard to start first thing if left for a few hours, as it has done 193k not sure when either was last changed so deciding to change both .
It's a 2.5 tdi 102bhp been remapped to 128bhp,but everything is standard
Thanks

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
glowplugs tps/gsf/eurocarparts give them all a bell to compare prices?
product called cataclean,pour a bottle of that in your tank,good reviews on fuel system cleaningT:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It could also be the injection timming is out especially if youve not had the belts done for a while. Get some injector cleaner in it first before you do anything

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the cam belt done about 1 year ago, but recently had the fan belt changed as i had been given the wrong one when i done the cam belt ( yes i know it's taken a while) could that throw the timing out ?

I have been using all sorts of cleaners and 2 stroke oil to clear the system out but still the same

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
fan belt has no effect on timing
the 4 glowplugs arnt too bad to do but one of the fifth one is a bitch as its behind the injector pump check that you get volts to them before you decide to swop them http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4530
you could get the injectors reconditioned find a good bosch diesel centre or a local company and they should sort you out and save a few quid

·
6,709 Posts
For poor starting - check the clear pipe coming off the fuel pump for bubbles.

If there are bubbles there after cranking the engine a few times replace the pipe. It has a habit of rubbing on the injector pipe making a tiny hole that lets air in.

For injectors - you can always contact me directly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts