VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a t4 2.4 diesel 1997 R reg and the only way to get the glow plugs to work is to hot wire them from the battery a cross to the drivers side connection to I think were the fuse is , there is no fuse in the small black box the wires have been joined together. On the dash the glow plug light does light up for 4-5 seconds but just turns over. It was like this when I bought in December 2010 I haven't used it yet. It looks like it as had a new relay but in the fuse box were the relay goes it does look like a screw driver as been in an twisted the gaps open. After the relay dose the power go the the fuse under the bonnet. Can any give me an idea what to check next as I was going to put a push button switch on the dash and use them that way. Any help please

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi I have a t4 2.4 diesel 1997 R reg and the only way to get the glow plugs to work is to hot wire them from the battery a cross to the drivers side connection to I think were the fuse is , there is no fuse in the small black box the wires have been joined together. On the dash the glow plug light does light up for 4-5 seconds but just turns over. It was like this when I bought in December 2010 I haven't used it yet. It looks like it as had a new relay but in the fuse box were the relay goes it does look like a screw driver as been in an twisted the gaps open. After the relay dose the power go the the fuse under the bonnet. Can any give me an idea what to check next as I was going to put a push button switch on the dash and use them that way. Any help please
I have checked to day and the relay is clicking

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
It is common for the contacts inside the fuse box where the relay fits to become loose or burned. The only real cure is a new fuse box.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Upspex for that there is a spare fuse box that came with it in the back but looking at the fuse box under the dash there's a lot of wires down there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts