VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys there's reading what can says & there's doing what you"ve found works well,,,

which is best way for carpet sticking,,head lining all the interior in general really

spray both parts then wait then bond them:dunno:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Aerosol on the carpet, brushable on the metalwork - wait until the solvent has evaporated (but not so long as to let the glue dry) and lightly position the carpet.

Once you're happy where it is, then apply more pressure.......

If using hardboard, then a light coat of aerosol to seal the hardboard, followed by a second coat - using brushable on the back edges for added strength.

It's all on my build diary - or you can PM me for more info :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aerosol on the carpet, brushable on the metalwork - wait until the solvent has evaporated (but not so long as to let the glue dry) and lightly position the carpet.

Once you're happy where it is, then apply more pressure.......

If using hardboard, then a light coat of aerosol to seal the hardboard, followed by a second coat - using brushable on the back edges for added strength.

It's all on my build diary - or you can PM me for more info :)
,,T:thanks fellaT: do you recommend any suppliers as they seems to be a fair few out there or is it all down to same stuff different names on cansT:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Megavanmats spray glue is the best, can't think of the name. My wife has just said it is Trimfix. Very forgiving, extremely strong bond. A:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Megavanmats spray glue is the best, can't think of the name. My wife has just said it is Trimfix. Very forgiving, extremely strong bond. A:
,,wifes always know stuff lolA:,,thanks for that,,for the metal parts i think a rub down for a good key may also help,,i will call them for prices thanks guys RickT:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Yeah, I think it is Trimfix and I also think that Mark at Megavanmats is away on holiday at the moment - so you may not get hold of him

·
Registered
187 Posts
Top Tip.
When using brushable glue make an aplicator out of Scotchbright the green one, cut a two inch wide strip from the short side of a sheet fold it in half and rap masking tape around the middle to hold togeather. It works a treat T: T: No need to keep buying lots of brushes use both ends then throw away it puts the glue on nice and uniformly.
Andy.

Beats the yellow snow tip :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Top Tip.
When using brushable glue make an aplicator out of Scotchbright the green one, cut a two inch wide strip from the short side of a sheet fold it in half and rap masking tape around the middle to hold togeather. It works a treat T: T: No need to keep buying lots of brushes use both ends then throw away it puts the glue on nice and uniformly.
Andy.

Beats the yellow snow tip :D
,,,,,,nice cheers mateT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts