VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some or all of you know today is budget day...The one thing I'm really concerned about is the 3p tax on petrol increase. With many pumps at 120p already I think we should make a stand. I have created a facebook group type in go slow to find it.

If there is a 3p increase in petrol tax I would like you all to converge at Exeter Services at 12pm tomo. We will then drive slowly to Plymouth where we will blockade the refinerys!

Please contact me for info and post on here or facebook to confirm your attendence.

Stand up be counted and don't let them win.

·
Registered
458 Posts
.................. forecast to be £1.49p by October :e

The French would not stand for it A

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Afraid it is that old chesnut again...But I would rather stand and be counted than watch the money grabbing idiots get away with it. We work bloody hard to have what we do and we get taxed, taxed and taxed again! We need our motors but how can we with petrol that high!

So get as many people involved on this!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Fuel price is the same now, as it was two years ago.

(do a search for "fuel protest" you will see many Bunfight threads about this from the past, which I say "this old chestnut)

·
Registered
792 Posts
T:this protest only affects the petrol industry its the government thats screwing us not them. fuel tax is just one of the taxes that drain our pockets. i suggest kidnapping every mp/cabinet member/lord in the country demand £1 million each and put that towards running the country............shimplesT:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The price of fuel is high, no argument there obviously.

But who/what are you planning to protest against ?

Is it the Government fuel tax increase ? Because if it is, they don't give a stuff about the refineries. They get their tax either way. The tankers that set off for that refinery, or are waiting to leave it, will just do it a bit later than planned.

(and everyone involved will probably sit with their engines running while they wait increasing revenue for the government)

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
I think everyone in the uk should send a letter to the PM on a certain day complaining about it so they get completely swamped with it. It will cause mayhem for the Post office and when they arrive on the mat at 10 Downing Street they will have to stand to attention T:

I agree something needs to be done about it especially as i'm a minimum wage civil servant!

·
Registered
636 Posts
vote the beggars out.................but then again there's no one any better..........think we will always get shatfted.........unless you can unite all the country into one action on one day............which would be impossible............country's gone to the dogs if i could get out i would and i'm sure theres plenty of folk who think the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
only one way to make a difference with reagrd to fuel tax, find and vote for a political party that will revise UK tax from the ground up. unfortunatley that would mean more basic income tax to replace the fuel tax, or higher VAT.. so who would trade expensive fuel for a reduced wage packet at the end of the week ?
not gonna happen is it..:(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Fuel price is the same now, as it was two years ago.

Huh??? During the major conflicts you mean, when the price of crude oil rocketed?

Well the price of crude oil has dropped now but we are paying the same price for our refined stuff. When the price of crude leaps up again will you be motivated to fight then or just sit back and say ah well, it's gonna be that price in a couple of years anyway...

Why the F should we motorists always be the ones who are funding everything that goes on in Britain??? Every 2p in fuel duty gains the treasury one billion pounds!!!!! I can't offload the cost of fuel onto my clients or I won't get the work. It literally comes out of my own pocket. Not to mention the road tax, the VAT on fuel, the VAT on my servicing, parts, toll roads etc etc, the list goes on... It gets me so angry and without putting up a fight it would be a lot worse. Darling has laid off the 3p in one hit and has decided to spread it over 9 months. Without backlash from motorists you can bet your bottom dollar that it would have been bumped onto us in one go. :bhd:bhd:bhd

·
Registered
406 Posts
to far south for me or id be up for it, we all need to convert our vans to run on used veg oil thats the only way to put 2 fingers up to this rip off goverment

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I just based it on this:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6941&highlight="fuel+protest"

And whatever the price of fuel is, I won't be driving slowly to blockade fuel depots or refineries.
It's not that I dont care, it's just that it will have no effect whatsoever on the price of fuel, so I don't see the point.

I drive approx 30,000 miles a year, I would love fuel to be cheaper. But blocking a few fuel trucks for a few hours won't change anything.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts