VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 years on the forum, reading EVERY new post each day (even when they didn't apply to me/my van) I've accumulated a load of information (not that I remember it all, but I DO remember that it is on the forum)!
Also 50+ years of electronic/electrical work in my head (not that that means much....with MY head!).

Anyway;
I got a 2 day "Ban" for my "Attitude"!!!!
I only have something towards 8000 posts (OK, most are silly ones), but this is going to be my last.

ANYONE wanting advise on electrical/audio/electronics can PM (or whatever they call it now!?!) or email me....my addy is in my profile.
I also know a LOT about the auto gearboxes....same method to contact me.

I'll continue to READ every new post, but I'm NOT going to reply on the forum unless I get an "apologetic request" from the mods.

Signing off,

Gaz

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Gaz, come back and Tell me all about these auto gearbox issues, the bus I have just acquired has had three rebuilds since 2012 and they still haven't fixed it! :p

·
Registered
476 Posts
2 day ban for àttitude didn't know you could get a ban for attitude
Can we see the post that got the ban just to make sure we do, sorry don't do the same or am I showing to much attitude for asking
"It's only the gaz that matters"

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am amazed by this, Gas has always been a very helpful member of the forum. Is this the way the forum is heading now if so perhaps it's run it's course?

·
Super Moderator
5,169 Posts
Come on Gaz. Thought you was a hard Yorkshire man. I can just see you hovering over the keyboard. ‘Shall I type or not’ lol
Man up bud. Stop acting like a naughty schoolboy sulking in the corner with your hands on your head 😂

·
Super Moderator
9,017 Posts
Come on Gaz. Thought you was a hard Yorkshire man. I can just see you hovering over the keyboard. ‘Shall I type or not’ lol
Man up bud. Stop acting like a naughty schoolboy sulking in the corner with your hands on your head 😂
We have a warn button now

·
Registered
210 Posts
Gazzy mate, you belong here so come back you swine. We need you.

The 'sulking in the corner' made me laff, got me thinking about an 'In the thick of it' rant. Don't watch it if your easily offended! Contains offensive remarks!

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, OK, I was being "childish"!!!
Chris (festa) also pointed it out to me.

Fingers have been "hovering" for a few days!

Hands were in another place.....:oops:

The "Warn" button is a good idea....I just hope it doesn't use the same key on your keyboard each time, or you'll be replacing keys monthly!

I stated before...I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE MODS......you have a job to do (not a nice one) and do it well (mostly :rolleyes: ).

I just started one of my bi-polar rants when I couldn't log in to the usual addy, spent ages sorting out how to get to where I used to get to with a single click.
There are others also struggling to get in, as the "old" addy just comes up with an error message.

I'm a prat, a 62 year old childish prat....

Due to BOTH of my favourite Mods posting (and basically asking me to stay, but behave), I'll carry on with my usual garbage. :whistle:

PS....can we have the old smileys back.....need the "laughing" one.
Also, how come you guys suddenly become "Super" heroes (Moderators)...🌊

·
Super Moderator
9,017 Posts
Fingers have been "hovering" for a few days!

😀

I just started one of my bi-polar rants
There's tablets for that

I'm a prat, a 62 year old childish prat....
Agreed
Due to BOTH of my favourite Mods posting (and basically asking me to stay, but behave), I'll carry on with my usual garbage. :whistle:
fine
PS....can we have the old smileys back.....need the "laughing" one.
Don't know
Also, how come you guys suddenly become "Super" heroes (Moderators)...🌊
I haven't a clue

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,456 Posts
Who Hoo! ......................... Gaz' is back! ;) (y)
You know it makes sense mate, even though this new forum looks shyte! But they have to upgrade to accommodate all those members with mobile devices.

I got 'Banned For Life' on the 'other' forum, for saying this forum was better!?
And they deleted all my photos! ................ NOW THAT'S CHILDISH

I once complained about a member posting a picture of 'Scat', .................. and I turned out to be the villain in the end! don't figure!? :unsure:

So, carry on as you were Gaz mate (y)

TURK

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
clearly I’ve done something wrong then. Lol
Sorry pothole....forgot "the bump in the road", but to be honest, I've had little contact with you....'twas the other 2 that kept "making comments/warning me" before....but in a "friendly" way.
I know I can rub some people up the wrong way....especially if my head is in the wrong mode.

99.9% of the time, you guys do a job that you have to do, well.....but!.."rules are rules", and so, even though I do NOT agree that I should have had a ban, I suppose I have to accept it.

Let's just put this whole fiasco behind us (I'll change my avatar back to the original "Norwegian Troll" (NOT a social media one...I didn't even realise the connection!)

Good thing is....my "Childish Rant" has created some responses from people who rarely post.....bad things can be good sometimes.(y)

Had to Edit this post (Jay....it's NOT that difficult!) as my Norwegian wife just corrected my grammar!!! (Rules IS rules was wrong!)

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got to work out how to edit my posts. Not as easy as before
There's a LITTLE thing at the top of the post that says "Edit".....but it only lasts for a while....Surely a "Super Moderator" would be able to work that out.... NOW....WHERE is that load of laughing/jumping smileys we had before!??!?!🚾

Quote:
"Felling the love once again 😂.
Super Mod??

must of taken money out of my PayPal to get that badge lol😂"

Nah....it's come from all the members that have been charged TWICE (me included)!
I've now paid TWENTY quid to be a pillock!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Who Hoo! ......................... Gaz' is back! ;) (y)
You know it makes sense mate, even though this new forum looks shyte! But they have to upgrade to accommodate all those members with mobile devices.

I got 'Banned For Life' on the 'other' forum, for saying this forum was better!?
And they deleted all my photos! ................ NOW THAT'S CHILDISH

I once complained about a member posting a picture of 'Scat', .................. and I turned out to be the villain in the end! don't figure!? :unsure:

So, carry on as you were Gaz mate (y)

TURK
Really?!?! You are so full of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts