VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ive read the thread on sorting the bumpstops but mine have already been done and still the van is bouncy and bangs over bumps.what do you have to do to create more clearence to stop it bottoming out over bumps ive heard you have to loose to bumpstops completely and cut into the metal above.can anyone shed some light with pics of it done pref.many thanks in advanceT:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
standard ones atm
You'll need lower shocks cos at 120mm they're already at full compression. In fact the weight of the front end will most likely be fully resting on the shock! :eek:

For chassis notching (which is really what you need to do at this drop) have a look at Browners Build gallery on his profile. Actual pictures of a full chassis notch there T:

Also, don't know if you've considered this but bottom ball joints will be at almost full articulation. Proceed with caution! :)

Good luck getting it down in the weeds :cool:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I run pro sport shortened shocks on mine the silver ones from bluebird customs they have been on for around 2 years and are fine my van is down loads well over 110 (can't get a jack under it :cool:) is your van early or late suspension (drums rear or disk) after reading jimmy James write up I changed all my suspension to the later set up its got better geometry and lends its self better to going low. I also changed the torsion bars to purple ones and that made a massive difference

1 - 20 of 25 Posts