VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps

would a golf or passat gearbox fit a 1.9TD abl ??

i know the present box as the big ally section the OS drive shaft goes into but apart from that it looks the same unless iam missing something,,i do like the idea of the 5th gear upgrade but ive read it drops the revs about 200 rpm which iam not sure if thats enough i really do think the 1.9TD"s are verrrrrrrrrry over geared correct me if iam wrong,,T:,,its all about aimimg for the same thing fettling to make summat that tad if not loads more better:grphgT::),,,cheers anyone Rick.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The box internals are exactly to same as the golf box apart from the diff but the diff arrangement is very diffrent so only T4 box's fit T4's. The later 2.5 tdi box's are a non VW unit. Best to get yours rebuilt with new planet gears and the 5th upgrade, not cheap though !!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box internals are exactly to same as the golf box apart from the diff but the diff arrangement is very diffrent so only T4 box's fit T4's. The later 2.5 tdi box's are a non VW unit. Best to get yours rebuilt with new planet gears and the 5th upgrade, not cheap though !!!!
,,,yeah i know:eek: phoned a box builder he wanted £500 plus vat just for the fifth gear upgrade now that really is just taking the P:*ss and i told him too,,,,,Rasp:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know mate its sickening,,,they"d be the type that would rob them selfs if they thought they could get away with it,,sounds mad but true i reckon.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts