VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leisure battery is under the drivers seat at the moment. It's only a 75Ah and I would really like to upgrade this to one or maybe 2 110Ah AGM batteries located at the bottom of the wardrobe.
The problem is that there is plastic trim or flooring covering all the underlying metal (see pictures). I don't want to cut holes at random in the hope of finding a suitable bolt underneath, neither do I want to dismantle the whole wardrobe, shelf unit.
I could run a thick cable from the drivers seat fixing (where the -ve terminal is connected at the moment), but is there a better option.
Suggestions please?
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Wood Stairs Vehicle door Tints and shades Automotive tire Vehicle Floor Flooring Gas Motor vehicle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping that there might be a stud already there that I could just bolt on to.
Nervous of cutting holes in the floor from above, and not too easy to squeeze under the van without props (which I don't have).
I have found a hole near the rear light cluster which might be a possible, but I don't see any way of getting behind the hole to fit a nut. Not sure that relying on a self-tapper is the right way to do it.
I've also found the bolt hole for the rear seatbelt which looks the best solution that Ive found so far. I'm going to need about 500mm of cable to get to where the battery is going to be. With a bit of luck, I might even be able to hide this behid the plastic trim.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You maybe could use a nutsert / rivnut mate..? ............... drill hole fit nutsert see "you tube vids" for a method without buying a specific tool , then go with your bolt and washers sized to nutsert. to make your earth point . So if you already have a hole in mind near the light cluster size everything to that hole.

Sorted (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts