VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title really. Downloaded Malwarebytes a while back to get rid of a nasty virus and it did the trick, but every single time I've run a scan with it since it seems to throw nothing up (if if I know there are some bugs in the system). Have updated it too and still nowt. Is it becase I've not purchased the full version perhaps?

Anyways, anyone know of any good ones (with link ideal) I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks all T:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I was with A.V.G. installed by a knowledgeable chum. I didn't have the gen to re-install so I went with Microsoft Security Essentials. Been O.K. so far. T: Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Would only recommend Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials myself, Avg works for some depending on where they surf lol but have removed infections from far more Avg machines than any other, and that's what my job is !!!

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
avg here too! A good few years and no problems. had other free ones and spywares and malwares software etc but always had issues with slow pc, virus etc so went with avg and no problems at all! :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Microsoft Security Essentials, its free, it runs in background without using system resources, and who would know windows better than Microsoft them selfs!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I always go with what the pros say.

Would only recommend Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials myself, Avg works for some depending on where they surf lol but have removed infections from far more Avg machines than any other, and that's what my job is !!!
And that echoes what I've been told.

There is a difference between viruses etc & malware/adware.

I've had malware bytes go mental on one of my machines. That's gone. I have never had an issue with spybot over all the years I've been using it-that's a malware app. So looking down I have avast & spybot. Anyhow, avast is rather good on the pirate mode! Makes me laugh, harrrr, harrrr.

what's the current pick of software firewalls chaps? I know that if you're sat behind your own router, it almost certainly has a firewall inbuilt. What about if you're out & about, using wifi at Starbucks etc? Windows own one wasn't that highly rated. And I've had zonealarm lead my network a merry dance before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's an interesting one I'll do some more digging and see if I need to change, I've used AVG for years and have installed it on many other machines without issues yet, most of the machines I've been asked to fix have been run Norton or Symantec.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts