VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Used to use AVG but it got a bit heavy & slow.
Now use Avaste
Stone Computers manage our works network & their techies told me that they use Microsoft Security Essentials themselves.
Ive been safe so far & Avaste has alerted me to the od virus.

You are only as safe as your working practices. Avoid dodgy websites & if you don't recognise an email ditch it.

Malwarebytes is what we use at work but it looks for malware & spyware rather than viruses. It needs to be used along side a virus scanner.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've been on the net since it started and there is only two home anti virus worth having since the beginning.
Kaspersky Internet security or Sophos.
Hell they ought to know most of the ruddy viruses emanate from the Ruski's in the first place. :eek:
I buy 5 licenses of Kaspersky commercial for £35 quid and share the cost between family and friends @ £7 each per year it's well worth it especially if you venture outside the safety of the forum.
It even catches the nasty ones on Xhamster apparently. I:

·
Registered
286 Posts
groupon is doing panda 5yrs licence but slow computer down a lot £9
i have to stick with it now and live with comp being slow

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks all. Used to have AGV and was good but if I Google it now just millions of hits and I don't know which one is genuine. Anyone have a link to authentic f.o.c download???

Cheers again:)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
AVG is not good,i had been running it for 2 years,but when i changed over to a Norton Symnatec product and run a scan for the first time it picked up numerous trojans and spyware on my system that AVG never picked up on.Any antivirus you get for free is useless period

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
AVG is not good,i had been running it for 2 years,but when i changed over to a Norton Symnatec product and run a scan for the first time it picked up numerous trojans and spyware on my system that AVG never picked up on.Any antivirus you get for free is useless period
Did you know the source code of symantec was stolen by hackers? They know how the software works and can tailor virus's etc to avoid detection.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Been using avast for Viruses, Spybot and Ad-aware for malware and spyware for years now with no issues, and I have tested these to the limits. I:
There is a reason people who are in the know use certain free ones and it is because they are just as good, if not better than the paid for stuff, and, they are free :D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts