1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

anyone use or know whether the

Quantum Platinum 5w 40 fully Synthetic
oil is good stuff,,,i normally use shell oil but thought i"d ask to see if this is any good,,,as i can get it cheap ish;),,,,,,iam a bit of an anorak when it comes to this kinda thing,,,but as ive used shell oils which in my view are verrrrrrrrrrrrry good:) just thought i"d try summat newT:

thanks Rick

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was in the parts department of my local VW dealer, getting some parts for my van. Just delivered, and still on its packing pallet, was a drum of Quantum oil. It was not this version, to a lesser VW spec. I guess they must use it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was in the parts department of my local VW dealer, getting some parts for my van. Just delivered, and still on its packing pallet, was a drum of Quantum oil. It was not this version, to a lesser VW spec. I guess they must use it.

from what ive gathered its a high spec castrol oil,,,just thought i"d see what other folks are using as i said in the thread i normally use shell oils but i can get hold of this so much cheaper;) not meaning its cheap stuff my sons mate works at VW dealer & he got it from there so if it good enough for VW its good enough for me T:

cheers Rick:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts