VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
All done thanks and chuffed big time with it. Nothing I’ve owned comes close to its versatility. You’ve chosen well Smarty.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Maybe i should get one smarty as a t5 is never finished ?
My T5 was never finished mate, always something to change or improve. Do you really think all that will change with the Crafter. I don’t think so.
Loving the big bus so far.
Go for it Stu, will it be bus number 4

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
I have thought about a crafter after a visit to Hoovies and a look round his LT. You can pick up a good van for not much money. Maybe in a few years when I can spend time on the fit out.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I have to be honest she is a super star
I have 3 kids and a i work 45 hours a week but still have time to play with 3 vans a kayak and a mountain bike so i think im pretty lucky ? what jobs are on the Christmas list for the crafter then smarty?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Jobs to do over Christmas, roof rack and rear ladder. Solar panel and route wiring. Hopefully sound deadening and put floor in.
What about you mate, any jobs to do.
We all must be mad.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Did cam belt and a full service 2 weeks ago so was just going to wire up my day time running lights but have now developed a bit of a squirming wobble! Checked tyre pressure and still there so probably track rod or ball joint or a bush somewhere so thats priority now
Never ends ! ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Windows in. Side panel fixings all sealed. Bad design on the Crafter, the fixings leak water into inside of van.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thats just rubbish from the factory ?.
The sprinter is a lot worse B&T
The crafter has a couple of holes on each side that are not used on all models. VW have rubber grommets in these. On the Sprinter they have a sticky patch over a hole about the size of a 50p.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts