VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got myself a T4 last night, from a member of the Forum, one Edd Murphy. Very pleased with it (except for the field that needs cleaning out of the back of it (Thanks Edd) lol

The only other thing, which to be fair to Edd, he did tell me about, but I must get fixed is the engine is a bit tappety, it runs sweet and pulls well, but it does have a nasty clack which Edd assured me was something to do with sticky lifters and could easily be rectified without taking out a second mortgage. The engine is a 1.9TD

Is this correct and if so where is the best place to buy replacement lifters?

Thanks guys, looking forward to chatting to you all over the coming months...

:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
When was the oil/filter last changed??

If it was in the distant past I would give it an Italian tune up, then run a can of engine flush thru, drain + replace with oem filter.

Wilkommen.T:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Congratulations on getting a t4, im sure more people will be along that can give you some advice on tappets, i know we had to replace one and ordered it through our local motor factors and it was about £10 but that was for a 19d engine. Have you got any pictures of your van?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks for the replies and welcomes everyone, the van was serviced quite recently apparently, although at time of writing I have no documentation to show that. However that fix is not an expensive one, so I'll give it a try. Thanks

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Hi thanks for the replies and welcomes everyone, the van was serviced quite recently apparently, although at time of writing I have no documentation to show that. However that fix is not an expensive one, so I'll give it a try. Thanks
good luck with it mate i have heard that about flushing the system on another thread somewhere as mentioned by greenvanman :ILU::ILU::cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts