68mph is all it will do,does anyone know how to lift the limit,

in my opinion its dangerous on the motorway,

rest of the van is great,just hope i dont bump it,

i did ask for a new T5,but vw aint doin deals like the ford company can,

damn them germans............

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been into dubs for years and love them to bits however you can't beat the transit as the workhorse. i've had 4 now and they've all been belters and never missed a beat. T:T:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
speed limiter is probably programed in to the ecu at ford so main dealer to get it removed. i know what you mean by dangerous on the motor way for overtaking etc but hay if work are paying you to drive at 68 sit in the inside lane and get there when you get there.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
speed limiter is probably programed in to the ecu at ford so main dealer to get it removed. i know what you mean by dangerous on the motor way for overtaking etc but hay if work are paying you to drive at 68 sit in the inside lane and get there when you get there.
i hate goin slow,i hate sittin in traffic,i just like to keep movin,

everyone needs more,but think of the mpg you can do now!

·
Banned
293 Posts
I think you'll find that God hates you for buying a Tran5hit, which is why he has restricted your van to pre 1970 Tran5hit performance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup,

I have to agree with Tony, I think it's divine intervention I wouldn't drive it in a thunderstorm you will get struck by lightening for sure:)

Then you will end up in Hell with all the other Tranny and Cinquecento drivers:eek:

Do you have to have a shower after you have driven it? lol

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup,

I have to agree with Tony, I think it's divine intervention I wouldn't drive it in a thunderstorm you will get struck by lightening for sure:)

Then you will end up in Hell with all the other Tranny and Cinquecento drivers:eek:

Do you have to have a shower after you have driven it? lol
not really my choice,didnt know i was even getting one,

well first day on the job in the new van,clipped both my mirrors,

never mind,i didnt pay for it and no damage,just scuffs,

is better than the Renault................................NO!

and yes,some things are better,some things are worse,

but just look at my name anyway,i drive a corsa sri,

its the mrs who owns the T5,i rarely get to drive it.

only if it needs a wash does she trust me with it,

she says that i drive like a van driver!!!!

thats because i am a van driver,and a service engineer for the nhs,

women eh,cant live with em and cant murder em either.H:H:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've been into dubs for years and love them to bits however you can't beat the transit as the workhorse. i've had 4 now and they've all been belters and never missed a beat. T:T:
Are you for real:* Transit not a patch on the t4:confused:

Tra

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lol,

Rob, maybe when you stop bouncing off the other motors she will let you play in it more often...however there is something to be said for being driven round by your missus.

I heard Ford were giving away a free case of Stella with each new Tranny!H:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Are you for real:* Transit not a patch on the t4:confused:

Tra
yeah man. my last one had just over 400,000 on the clock and was still runnin when i sold it. can't see my T4 holding 3 tonne in the back!!! :D:D:D
I'm saying they're a great workhorse thats all. have you ever owned one??? :*

·
Registered
865 Posts
I got given a 115 260 transit from work about a month ago. It's awesome Its fast, economical (I get between 40-45mpg)
The only think it lacks is looks, It's so tempting to sell the t4 and buy something else.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think the majority of modern vans now are fairly quick and well spec'd up and plenty of bling to be slapped on them. however they don't quite have the character of the veedub do they?
I loved my transits, had 4 so far and would have another tomorrow but love me dubs that little bit more!!T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts