VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few weeks of trawling the web, I have finally got myself a van. Its a 2006 white LWB 2.5 tdi.

It came with:

• 18" alloys
  • Portable fridge
  • Portable gas cooker and gas bottles
  • DIY sofa and bed arrangement
  • Surf board style table

Body work isnt perfect but I am not bothered about that. At the end of the day it started life as a panel van.

There are rear parking sensors already fitted however they are not connected up to anything yet. Im going to spend this evening trying to research how to get them working T:

Originally I was going to rip everything out and start afresh (as I am quite picky) however the Mrs has persuaded me to see how we get on as it is.

Also going to try and go to any meets in the South Wales area.

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here is a few pics of my beaut. Sorry it's taken a week it's been mental at work.

Crappy pics for now as my phone is naff.

Ordered replacement aftermarket reversing sensors - they have turned up today, will get round to fitting them today.

Got myself an interior light from a MK4 golf (with driver and passenger reading lights). Fitted it this morning and put in a red LED bulb from the centre light. Looks great! At night obv Rasp:

Got a price for fitting windows to the barn doors so will be booking that in for next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I've actually just stripped the back out. The pictures make it look better than it is lol. Yeah the table is sweet. I'm going to keep that. The unit and the sofa structure is now in the garage. Flooring is up. And I've started cutting away at the carpeting. This is mainly due to the ply flooring bowing and creaking under foot and the electrics were as bodge job lol. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

So the flooring was creaking because it was made up of lots of little bits of ply screwed (badly) into the metal flooring.
And then I've been hacking at the carpeting because I need to run cabling for lighting and power etc.

The Mrs was horrified when she came home. I think she was expecting to go away this weekend haha.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts