VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all that helped out with comments & thoughts on my previous questions on what I should look for & buy.

I'm happy to report that I have today agreed a purchase on an ex AA T4 vanT: that is in a garage close to home and stripped ready for a respray. I get to pick the colour so I'm going for red.

It's a 2.5 TDi, 140k miles & will come with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, fully seviced so up to date for cam belt & water pump etc. I going to have a pop top fitted & conversion from barn doors to tailgate before it's painted and they're going to fit remote central locking with alarm and electric windows while all the door panels are off.

To say I'm chuffed & excited is a massive understatement!!

My next round of questions concern stuff under the bonnet. Can anyone tell me what an induction kit does, what's this EGR thing and blanking plates all about and also the intercooler thing, I think it might already have one as I believe it was a 102 but ran at 109 as an AA van?

Any help with that lot would be most appreciated.

Martin.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Induction kit is pointless on the van it will just make it noisey
Egr blanking plate is a good mod , you will need to clean the valve itself when fitted theres loads on here about it
I dont know what you mean about the intercooler all 102 have a top mounted one and i dont think theres any bhp difference between the AA van and non AA van .

Hope this helps a little T:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts