VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
such a shame got to down size from my t4 to a car what a wounder the mrs is giving me earache to get a car just when ive kitted the van out so any body looking for one gonna advertise it soon well chuffed off now

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Gutted to hear that mate. I'm sure you could swing her around if you wanted to. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sorry to hear that :(, was any specific reason given that you could talk your way out of as there is always a solution T:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Will it be in the classified section today?

·
Registered
390 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing myself, but we decided to keep it as the missus has set up her new business and needs it to take her gear to fairs and events.
keep the van!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
We have had two Caravelles over the last 20 or so years. Even though the kids are all grown, I would never get rid of my van, dropping to a car will come as a real shock. My multivan seats 7 adults all with seats, a boot area that takes luggage for the weekend and more, returns 40 to the gallon and takes up no more space on the road than a ford mondeo. (Is easier to park than a mondeo too)

You will miss the van, but she will too once she can't get stuff in the boot etc.

Shame when you have just got it sorted. :(

Good luck in the car world, but get a "I used to drive a T4" sticker on a sun visor so we can wave to you and moon to your wife as we go by*<:)>

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It would have to be a pretty strong argument to sell the van for a car.

Surely the van will hold it's value better than most cars as well as returning a very reasonable fuel economy.

I don't find mine too expensive to run and certainly I'd rather have my van over another persons car. On the plus side, it sounds like you are keeping it in the family with a passat. That's only marginally smaller than the van anyway.

I feel for you - for me a couple of years back it was the (now) wife getting me to sell my Polo GT TDI for the van. I do love the van but have always missed the punchy power of that little polo!

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
tell her the ar5e has dropped out of t4 market n youll lose a fortune...
show her the only passats you could afford are all cr4p..........
i sold my passat for the van............hmm,dont remind me!:confused:

·
Registered
642 Posts
after my mrs collected her most recent set of points I changed the mrs car to a passat 1.8 saloon. It was cheap (£550) and came with 18" RS4 reps and an "R32" number plate (which we have been offerd £400 for) i have lowerd it 40mm and replaced control arms and done cv ect. cheap to run-uses about £25 a week petrol compared with £75 per week on the S8, cheap to insure- £600 per year even with the wifes points, and easy to work on!

i hope this helps and convinces the wife you dont need to get rid of the van!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Give over, down-sizing.

Get your old girl sorted out and keep your van T:
You'll regret it. This madness crossed my mind a while ago but once I had 2 bottles of wine and slapped myself I saw sense.

Why have you got to get shot anyway? You've missed that bit out of your thread I:

*<:)>

·
Registered
455 Posts
I got rid of a car to get my van and have not looked back. My missus likes the van as I've already taken her to France in it with the prospect of more trips to come. Couldn't have done that in the car! You'll regret it if you do. Show her this thread, we can't all be wrong..... can we??

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to be fair spent loads on the van and not really wanting to get rid always had t2,s and this was my first t4 conversion done quite well with it i thought but the new mrs want the car lol unfortunatley i cant divorce her as not married lol but i have got a big patio i could put her under the slabs there lol and keep the van

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
to be fair spent loads on the van and not really wanting to get rid always had t2,s and this was my first t4 conversion done quite well with it i thought but the new mrs want the car lol unfortunatley i cant divorce her as not married lol but i have got a big patio i could put her under the slabs there lol and keep the van
im sure a few of us could pop round with shovels to help out mate :D

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
ha ha reminds me of the Jordash's in Brookside years ago :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts