VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Have one fitted to my bus, but am still struggling to get it working properly and the instructions are not that great (especially if you loos them) fitting is ok its setting it up after by txt that seems to cause the problem.

I don't think I am helped by the fact I have no or very little signal at my house!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got one similar from amazon 18months ago still works ok have nt used all of the options, just ring it and it texts back its position got sim card from giff gaff for £5 a month

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Theres a slightly posher model too, which comes with a remote control so you can use it for central locking, etc. I have got one to play with, seems to work pretty well, txts you a location with a google maps link.

Only annoyance is there doesnt seem to be a 'if alarm is set and van moves, txt me' mode. And the manual is pretty chinglishy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use this app on the phone:
https://www.greenalp.com/RealTimeTracker/index.php?page=home

I can log in to a web page and get a live position of where the van is. I used to have a tracker that used cell tower location but found that was too inaccurate.

When I get to it I will be hiding the phone out of sight so that it can track and not be found.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,101 Posts
Theres a slightly posher model too, which comes with a remote control so you can use it for central locking, etc. I have got one to play with, seems to work pretty well, txts you a location with a google maps link.

Only annoyance is there doesnt seem to be a 'if alarm is set and van moves, txt me' mode. And the manual is pretty chinglishy.
I have what appears to be the same unit. Was installed in my Renualt Master and currently in its box waiting for install in the T4. I am pretty sure if has a "if van moves text me" option and you can also define the perimeter based on a top-right and bottom-left type basis to create a box - for when maybe someone borrows your van but you tell them not to go outside a certain area.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ive been looking at the TK102B. It looks smaller and easier to install plus it will give you the major poit of tracking your vehicle if its stolen. Anyone got one and can give a review?

·
Registered
45 Posts

I installed a TK103 a few days ago, with a giffgaff sim (£5 a month), seems to work a treat. I've also installed gpsgate (which is basically free) [http://gpsgate.com/] on a server i run at home, which gives me a real time view on a map of exactly where my van is :)
I also get SMS alerts when the van doors open, if the engine starts, and if it moves

I agree the instruction manual is not the best, i found out more info about the TK103 from http://www.gpspassion.com/

Finding a place to mount it was a bit of a PITA, and I found that I was getting constant mobile phone GSM 'chatter' coming through the speakers, so try and put the GSM aerial as far away from your stereo as possible :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts