VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a grab handle for the drivers side ( I broke the covers trying to do a mod ☹) but there's no fittings on the windscreen pillar, was going to drill and tap but thought better of it so.... any ideas as to what I could use to blank the holes? Can't find oval grommets that are the right size and I'm sure originals will be rare AND expensive.
Cheers and stay well

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,499 Posts
There are no blanks....there should be no HOLES!
You obviously have a panel from LHD vehicle.
Grab handle only on passenger side, driver has to use the big round one mounted on the dash. :whistle:

You could drill and use nutserts.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry, I am a bit late to this. There are holes and blanking plates in my 2003 Multivan. Just like Pickledog, I bought a handle but I found that there was no where to fix them once I removed the blanking plates! I originally thought that VW would make both sides the same as that would be easier to manufacture than make them specifically for left or right hand drive,but it seems, I presume, to save money, only fit them on passenger side. Hopefully this saves someone spending money unnecessarily.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A-pillar handle blank part number is 7d2867915. I got mine from VW Heritage a few years ago for a bargain £1.25 each, though there is a minimum order price so get shopping and look for other bits you need - dash inserts, vents, inner door handles etc and make it worthwhile for them and you. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts