VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a w reg ( 2000) bus I want to change the colour the clocks light up to green but I took out the clocks today and can't even find a bulb on them I got as far as removing the front and back of the clocks so I just had the circuit board and clock dials in my hand, but still I could not find the bulbs where the hell are they
Cheers guys
Ged

·
Registered
381 Posts
You need to remove the perpex front by removing 2 screws either side then gently seperate, the bulbs are internal surface twist, normal bulbs are standard colour covered by a green sheet hence the green illumination.

Kev

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my clocks are currently white\blue but i want to change them to green but ive reduced the clocks right down to the cicuit board including removing the screws on the ens and the two clips holding them together and still cant find the bloody bulbs

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
the dash is lit by 3 twist bulbs above, as said there's a green filter plate under them. we took that off as prefer white
tried red & blue leds but they were too dull, wanted them as an indication that sidelights were on in the daytime as there's no other warning light

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hers a couple of pics that maybe will help

Side screw

Bulb holders at top of clocks inside ( Arrowed )

Green film that can be removed as required

Regards

Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts