VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you looked at my rusty thread, you will know I had to do an awful lot of work, but was happy to give it a go. Unfortunately, I had a major time restraint handed to me and I need to get a van up and running by the last week in June. Rusty, for all of his charm, needed a lot more time spent in order to get it up to speed, so I had to find another van sharpish. Luckily, Toby at T4life just happened to have a twin slider which I snapped up. So begins the rapid transformation! :eek::eek:

As I don't have the real estate to work on, it's been done mostly at Toby's unit, where space gets a bit tight! Started a couple of weeks ago with rusty donating his better parts....

Greenie as he came, dents and all.

Rusty, before being pillaged!

Alloys swapped over.

Lights before....

...and after.

Front indicators done as well.

It gets busy at T4 Life. Toby does make a cracking cup of tea, though!:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next job was to get the springs off Rusty and onto Greenie. This required a couple of jacks, several axle stands, a couple of blocks of wood and a few hands! :D

Springs fitted, front torsion bar still to be wound down.

Rusty with stock rear springs, bit of a lean towards the front now!

Torsions wound down, looking quite good. :D

Rusty a bit forlorn, de-blinged and waiting for a new owner to put some quality time into him.

The van is now round the corner, getting the bumpers colour coded, dings taken out and made to be all the same colour of green. Pics to follow.

Dave

:ILU:

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Paints going on tomorrow dave been primed and baked should be all sorted by monday ,adam will be working over the weekend so fingers crossed will get all windows tinted monday then i can get stuck inH:H:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news Toby, looking forward to seeing it. I'm out this weekend finding speaker cable, an amp, leisure battery, LEDs and other stuff to put in! Some wipers from Ry and sunscreens from jk have arrived, so it's all coming together.:D
Mark, no windows, but I'm sure there will be a jigsaw used somewhere!

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
dont mind pal i love friesien green t4 s going to have a mad week this week got a new member of staff starting in a fortnight so at least i wont have to make the brews :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greenie came out of the paint shop last week and is looking loads better! T:

Ready to start the insides.....

Rear offside window vinyl covered and will be ply-wooded over and carpeted as that's where the wardrobe goes.

Sam, Craig and Toby all hard at work. I was chief tea bitch that day! I:

Sam did his first carpeting on my van and he did a damn fine job!

Craig also did the detailing on the sides between windows. Tinting still to be done.

Panoramic lineup at Leyland last weekend.

It's now at a stage where carpeting done, floor in and bed and furniture about to go, or may even be, in. Work has a habit of getting in the way of stuff you would rather be doing!

Dave

·
Registered
284 Posts
Greenie is defo looking better each time I see him, total transformation from the un-loved bus I used to see parked on the roadA:

Totally agree about work getting in the way of doing what we want, though this week it's Tobys bad back bugs that have floored me! :(
Didn't know they were catching:):ILU:

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
floor in ,vynal down bed in and bolted up wardrobe in fingers crossed for jim to pick it up to tint windows a m ,then cut rest of bed boards trim around a window fit pms 3 and fit socket to required height .nearly there i ll do pod early next week happy daysA:A:who s is the white t5 with the carbon and no tax disc

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
ste my mechnic came round today could nt believe how good it looks and adam(chffin hell)loves the floorT:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts