VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there and thank you in advance for any help you can give this newbie!
I have a 2014 shuttle T30 and have been running the van on 215/65/16c steels (7H0 601 027D). I am looking to buy some alloys in the future but as a tight Yorkshire person I’m waiting until the tread runs down a bit!
Anyhow, I have bought some second hand steels with winter tyres on, due to a trip to the alps soon, off a mechanic who was running a 2008 t5. The part number of the steels is 7F0 601 027 with 205/65/16c tyres. However I am now getting a slight grinding noise when I brake and a very slight noise when Turing left or right! I’ve checked the wheels and they spin freely when turned and can see no scraping on the inside rims or callipers- although I have strategically sprayed some paint on the internal sand will double check this tonight.
There isn’t much space between the callipers and wheels but this is the same regardless of these or original wheels to my eye. The bolts are genuine and measure 65mm total length, so not sure if these could be rubbing, but surely this would be constant.
Any thoughts or help??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I put the old wheels on, one at a time and then in pairs and the grinding noise was gone. The paint I placed on the internal of the winter rims has no scuffs or marks. Ahhhh!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts