VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have recently met a guy skiing in scotland who had his T5 converted for skiing and kitesurfing trips.

I didnt see the interior of his van but he described the units he had manufactured for storing gear that is wet.

He said he had GRP stirage bins that fitted between his 3/4 r&r bed and the side of the van. The unit was shaped round the arches and had a lid so he could fit kitesurfing kites, boards skis etc etc in and shut it down. This also provided somewhere to put a small stove on top so you could cook your dinner or just somewhere to put kit bags on top.

Sounds like a great solution that is fully watertight and removable but i cant find any info online of who made them.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer, conversion company web page for these units?

Cheers

Ally

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Was his name Colin by chance? Oldish fella with nice looking black T5 poptop?

Anyhow company is called Exploria, their conversions are awesome, not cheap, his full conversion was approx £17k I think:eek:

http://www.exploria-online.co.uk/

No pics of the surfing conversion but pretty sure this van has it done inside

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Just reread your post - exploria do fully fitted conversions with sealed GRP spaces under the units for wet gear but they are not removable so maybe not the company you were after:*

Most GRP places will be able to make you up something

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts