VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess how much my service, cambelt and other work came to?

Local garage, not main dealer.

1996 2.5 petrol Caravelle

• Annual service with brake inspection
  • Clean idle boost valve
  • Renew engine cambelt, tensioner & coolant pump
  • Renew auxilary belt roller
  • Renew brake fluid & n/s rear Brake Cylinder
  • Renew front brake pads
  • Renew number plate & n/s front fog lamp bulb

what do ya recon?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if you never had change from 900 quid... your going to the wrong placeI:

I could easily get that done for half that..... easy half...H:H:H:H:

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
well id do it my self but at a garage you have to think of labour,its daft when you think about it .its free diywood have cost whot less 200 quid.

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
but at the end of the day ,how long dus it take , and how much do you earn ,some times its as easy to work sunday at double time , and let the garage have it .
each to there own,i work my own garage at my own pace ,the way i like it, nobody has ever conplaind, they price it up at there own will ,get the price,then i do the job every body happy.

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
too right jim what your good at is your destiney,i wish i was you coss im sick of haveing black,oily hands and cuts over all my knukls messing wi vw , but i love it ,and wood do knowt else true barnsley vw lad cheers

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
then thats right you paid abought right , considerating labour charges ,thats what they whant now 40 quid a hour .
i wish i was on that, cheers dave

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
65 per hour thats got to be tacking the **** .
thank god for the forum ,at the end of the day each and every one of us knows something or every thing about t4s /t5s thats why we forum members are the key to know ,
sun 17th 7 0 clock lets all be there lol
cheers dave

·
Registered
207 Posts
65 per hour thats got to be tacking the **** .
thank god for the forum ,at the end of the day each and every one of us knows something or every thing about t4s /t5s thats why we forum members are the key to know ,
sun 17th 7 0 clock lets all be there lol
cheers dave

My local mechanic works for £12/hour but the garage he works for charges the client £60/hour...wish I could get him to work on my van at weekends but seems cruel to ask really

1 - 20 of 27 Posts