VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Right so if you buy a new BCM then before you code keys to it you must
"If it is an new BCM, then use [Adaptation-10] > Choose channel 99 > Change value to: 0
Then learn remotes, also Adaptation."
Quote taken from a rather helpful individual from the Ross-tech forum

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Trawling through the 'Bay would seem that any BCM for a T5.1 attracts a large price, does anyone know whether 087 onwards BCM's from other VW platforms fit as both Passat, Tiguan and Golf BCM's are priced a lot lower. Really want cruise control, but can't really justify £700 upwards for it.
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
145 Posts
My BCM part number is 7H0937049S. Will I need a new BCM before being able to install cruise control? The van is a T5 56 plate 1.9 T32. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Hi guys, hoping someone might know the answer, fitted cruise to my 2013 bus along with the extra 3 wires for the MFD.
The MFD is working fine but the cruise won't activate on vcds.
For those in the know 17 byte 7 will accept and save but then when going back to screen the box is not highlighted !

Basically it recognises the cruise off but not when switched on , any ideas ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finally finished the retrofit MFSW today by adding power and LIN bus connections from the clock spring connector to the BCM and switched power supply at the back of the newly installed Light Switch, which includes front fogs. The new steering wheel came with an airbag and so included the correct loom to adapt the MFSW and new digital horn (via LIN bus). Radio controls work, switches illuminate and the previously modded DIS function on the wiper stalk is now replicated on the MFSW and works fine, although if you use the stalk, the MFSW DIS function is inhibited until you cycle power.
Also fitted a Kufatech loom to retrofit fog lights with the light direction function via the BCM, which just needs coding. Went through the bulkhead bung behind the bonnet lever and under the engine bay black panel behind the air box. Just need some fog lights and a Sportline spoiler and I'm done. :ILU:

·
Registered
122 Posts
just been reading this
i have bought my stalk.
it mentions to extend the ECU wire > which one is this ?
also do i really need to take apart half of my dashboard to do this ?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Also fitted a Kufatech loom to retrofit fog lights with the light direction function via the BCM, which just needs coding. Went through the bulkhead bung behind the bonnet lever and under the engine bay black panel behind the air box. Just need some fog lights and a Sportline spoiler and I'm done. :ILU:
Where did you get this loom.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/ This is where I purchased the fog light loom. They're custom made for LHD with OEM connectors. Just be mindful that the long lead for a LHD coming from the LHS of the bonnet area is for the RH fog light. When you fit it to a RHD vehicle, you need to swap pins at the BCM or else the wrong light will come on when you turn the wheel with headlights on. Suggest belling the wires out before installation and labelling appropriately.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
just been reading this
i have bought my stalk.
it mentions to extend the ECU wire > which one is this ?
also do i really need to take apart half of my dashboard to do this ?
The dash under the under steering wheel does need to come out to access the relays and to route cabling. The long cable that you have in the loom (see images on page 1) goes through the bulkhead to the ECU and with the same reason as the foglight loom being for a LHD vehicle, the ECU cable has an added distance to run and so needs extending.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just realised I didn't post an image of the loom but have it on my phone if you need to see it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fitting cruise control to my t5.1 today
Just a couple of questions.. the relay for connection the power supply .. beside the bcm unit it the one alll on it own to the right of the other relays hiding behind behind the metal panel also the relay indeed box unit is that the black one on its own underneath the blue connector as there are two black connectors In the bath unit to want to connect to the wrong connector I just wanna make sure before I wire everything up

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,432 Posts
Fitting cruise control to my t5.1 today
Just a couple of questions.. the relay for connection the power supply .. beside the bcm unit it the one alll on it own to the right of the other relays hiding behind behind the metal panel also the relay indeed box unit is that the black one on its own underneath the blue connector as there are two black connectors In the bath unit to want to connect to the wrong connector I just wanna make sure before I wire everything up
From what I remember the relay under the dash is to the right & not readily visible, I couldn't find it at first, the black one is right down the bottom & a right pain to get too, I seem to remember there's 2 black ones but it's not the first one you come to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Think I found the 2 just wanted to double check ..thanks
It's on the right hand side sitting all by itself hiding behide a metal plate

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,432 Posts
Can someone break down the single wire install into the the EBOX on A 2010. I have completed everything else, but this is at present beating me.
It's the box under the battery, take pretty well everything out of it until you find the second black relay near the bottom & put the wire onto that where the instructions say, cant remember the exact terminal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes that is the one, I have located the black relay, just can't work out how to access it. I see there are two multi wire banks to the right that i possibly need to undo, but I am useless at Kripton Factor. Any help please.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts