VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, I just read the scan again. The company data bus fault is dated 24th July 2013.

Try clearing all of your fault codes first then re-scan. If they do not return then all is good and you can code in your cruise control.
I didn't notice that date before - I was pretty sure I did clear the faults but just to make sure I will refit the BCM tonight and rescan and clear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spot on - this did the trick. Thanks.

I had been trying to clear the fault from the auto scan which didnt seem to work.
I ended up going directly to the CAN address and reading / clearing the fault from here which worked.

Next I had a nightmare coding the keys but it was the wrong procedure I was following. I cleared existing programming on channel 0, changed to channel 1 and tried to select value 2 (2 keys) but this kept failing.
I read on here somewhere to leave the value at 0 and hit test. I then pressed both keyfobs and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your help with this one. T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Great thread guys thank you... i'm nearly done with my install but down to the last three wires...

i cant see any mention of the wiring to the fusebox in the centre of the dash here - i have seen on other thread that some people talk about an in line fuse rather than struggling to get to the fuse box, any advice please?

the instructions only mention connecting the black/blue wire to the fuse box but am i correct to assume the fuse goes between the black/blue and the black wire?

Any help would be massively appreciated.
cheers
Doug

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi, Have the physical install completed on my t5.1 2013 and the criuse activated by a local mechanic with vagcom. Went for a test drive and nothing....
Plugged back into vagcom and it's seeing the controller and seeing all buttons & switch on the stalk as they're actioned. Only think we couldn't figure on VAGCOM is that there's a box saying "Cruise Control Main Switch" that we couldn't have any effect on.

Nothing coming up on the dash re cruise control either...

Any ideas please???

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hi guys,
So I didn't see an answer to the question "can any VW or VAG bcm with 087 or higher be used?

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,246 Posts
Hi guys,
So I didn't see an answer to the question "can any VW or VAG bcm with 087 or higher be used?
I don't think so, the letter after has to be right too, I've no idea what letter/s you can use though. If it's wrong there's other issues you can't resolve in a T5.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
My BCM is 7H0937086H and I want to enable cruise and rear windscreen wiper as I have done a tailgate conversion. I have fitted the correct stalks but am struggling with BCM replacement. How much of my original BCM code has to match new one? There is 1 on ebay that is 7H0937087H but it is £350. There is another that is 7H0937089H which is £175. There are a few that end in 087H but are not from transporters. Which do I go for?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,914 Posts
Why VW have to make this so unnecessarily complicated is ridiculous, gm vehicles take 2 minutes to fit the stalk and a further 2 minutes to program. Having scanned through the excellent guide i think i will be taking mine to a retrofit place to be done.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Trawling through the 'Bay would seem that any BCM for a T5.1 attracts a large price, does anyone know whether 087 onwards BCM's from other VW platforms fit as both Passat, Tiguan and Golf BCM's are priced a lot lower. Really want cruise control, but can't really justify £700 upwards for it.
Many thanks in advance
Did anyone answer this question? Is the letter at the end of the bcm part number important? Does it need to be the same as the one on my van? Some T5.1s end in E, some H, some D.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts