VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above :

New genuine clutch and flywheel fitted last December ... Blinking thing has start to go already ... Booked back into vw for "diagnostics" next Monday to determine if it's faulty ..... Thought I'd get more than 10 months outta it ...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As above :

New genuine clutch and flywheel fitted last December ... Blinking thing has start to go already ... Booked back into vw for "diagnostics" next Monday to determine if it's faulty ..... Thought I'd get more than 10 months outta it ...
:eek:

Many miles you put on it dude ? :eek: what's your symptoms ?( apart from owning a t4 )

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Less that 10k , just the usual juddering in first gear when taking off from a stop

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
The only thing, why the thing would go that fast, is if you get dirt into the clutch. Like from driving into the sea or water, then clutching. Either that or simply cooking it, when towing.

Otherwise, that darn thing should last like 150k miles. My first clutch + DMF lasted 250k miles, but then was rattly as f**k.

It's not like a T5, where the DMF only will last 50-70k.

/M

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing, why the thing would go that fast, is if you get dirt into the clutch. Like from driving into the sea or water, then clutching. Either that or simply cooking it, when towing.

Otherwise, that darn thing should last like 150k miles. My first clutch + DMF lasted 250k miles, but then was rattly as f**k.

It's not like a T5, where the DMF only will last 50-70k.

/M
never done sea water bud, or been in a flood recently....

Perkins pointed me in a different direction, suggesting that it could be an engine mount... did a bit of digging on here and looks like it could be a lower pendulum mount on the gearbox.... gotta be worth a try , because if i leave it into vw for them to check the DMF and it isnt that, there time wont have been covered by the warrenty and ill have to pay them 70£ per hour!!!

me thinks ill give this a go first T: to be honest i cant see the dmf packing in so soon

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
never done sea water bud, or been in a flood recently....

Perkins pointed me in a different direction, suggesting that it could be an engine mount... did a bit of digging on here and looks like it could be a lower pendulum mount on the gearbox.... gotta be worth a try , because if i leave it into vw for them to check the DMF and it isnt that, there time wont have been covered by the warrenty and ill have to pay them 70£ per hour!!!

me thinks ill give this a go first T: to be honest i cant see the dmf packing in so soon
Agreed. It's unlikely to be the DMF this early anyhow.

/M

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm in the same boat...DMF and clutch fitted 3 months ago and symptoms are back...less than 2K!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in the same boat...DMF and clutch fitted 3 months ago and symptoms are back...less than 2K!
Do you think it's defo your flywheel ? ...

I thought mine had gone but am counting on the part above to sort it ... That's a lower engine mount that attaches to the gear box .... Will report back soon ....

What symptoms are you getting ?

Mine is getting a bit of vibration pulling off in first from a stand still .... Doesn't happen all the time thou and it would happen more when engine is cold ??!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm stumped....it cant be the clutch and DMF so soon...I dont drive it like I stole it so maybe its a mounting. I usually get a juddering pulling off in 1st on an incline and also reversing. There's no chattering at all on idle and it was a brand new LUK kit.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's gotta be a mounting ..... Mine was a genuine vw clutch and dmf .... Will be gutted if it is the dmf at least it's under warranty .... Thing is about the warranty , they will inspect it and if the clutch or dmf is not at fault they will charge me £70 per hour labor ... You can understand why I'm fitting the lower mount £35 ish offa eBay ....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Put ur handbrake on as hard as u can, even put blocks at rear wheels, lift ur bonnet and get sumone to put ur van in 1st gear and let clutch out slowly.Look at what ur engine does if a mountin away u will c engine rockin:ILU:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well thanks all for your inputs into this matter ... Today I changed the lower bracket and everything seems to be good , it totally transforms the driving of the van and the kick back from the engine when accelerating and then lifting off the gas,

Kudos to Patrick (perkinsengine) for steering me in the right direction ...

I've a video made of how loose the old bracket was might upload it later ...

·
Registered
289 Posts
How's the van going now mudyf0x?

If you have that video or photos of where this bracket is I would be grateful!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Van is going brill , I'll link to the video when I get into work tonight , can't seam to do it on this phone ..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts