VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T5 LWB 1.9 T30.
I am going to order some new shocks and H&R springs. I am unsure which weight springs to go for.
I only carry very light loads so thought that the lighter spring would be fine. I think I remember reading that some people going for the lighter spring found that it sat a little lower?
I'm sure a few people on this site have bought these springs so hoping for some advice.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There are loads of good posts on the forum on how to do approach this, use google rather than the site search T:

i used higher rated springs for my build as it's a fully loaded conversion which caused the back end to sag a little, essentially I put t30 springs on the back and t28 on the front - it's still a t28 regardless of the springs!

You could always call vanstyle and have a chat with them, they can advise you.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
If you're going to buy springs and shocks then it makes sense to buy a matched set such as Bilstein B14s. Then you know it'll ride superbly and you can set it to whatever height you like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went through ChilliJamVans for the springs in the end. Light springs front and rear as I'ts only a 1.9 and I don't carry any weight in the back. I also managed to find some Bilstein B4's in stock at Just Kampers. The test drive was only a few miles but the ride seems really good.
I do however, need the top rubber spring pads for the rear springs and I'm finding it quite difficult to find them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
chillijam vans are good and cheap for h&r springs if you email them on the website you can get advice on spring rates and what set to buy plus cheaper than off ebay too

·
Registered
464 Posts
Euro car parts are the cheapest via Amazon for you H and R springs

I used set 2 heavy front soft rear and it sits perfect its a camper with pop top roof but i do not carry rear passengers .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts