VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some H&R 40mm lowering springs for my T5 for 155 quid deliveredT:from ebay.de wow:Dbeat that rip off UKRasp:Rasp:
BIG thanks to you fellow T4 forum usersT:for all your helpful information

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ordered mine last Friday should be here soonA:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for that. Just added it to my watch list ready for my next ebay purchase. My van is a 55 plate 104 panel van, I think the ones I need are the same as yours? Did you only pay the 6.90 euro shipping?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Seems to be hassle free can even track my springs

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 Location Time Pieces
6 Arrived at Sort Facility GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 17:08 +1 Pieces

5 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 17:06 +1 Pieces

4 Processed at DUESSELDORF - GERMANY DUESSELDORF - GERMANY 01:34 +1 Pieces

3 Departed Facility in DUESSELDORF - GERMANY DUESSELDORF - GERMANY 01:34 +1 Pieces

Monday, February 07, 2011 Location Time Pieces
2 Processed at GREVEN - GERMANY GREVEN - GERMANY 16:32 +1 Pieces

1 Shipment information received GREVEN - GERMANY 00:00

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi there just came across your post guys... great bargain...

I have a T5 1.9 TDI T30 panel van, 104bhp, 2006, Revenue Weight 2960kg. Are these details the same as yours?

Is the link you posted for the springs the link i need to purchase? Sorry i'm a bit dazed by the German text!

Cheers DWDS!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, not sure about revenue weight??? my van is a T30, 1.9, 04 plate. Front axel 1500kg rear 1625kg. The link I posted is buy the springs I need, I used Google Translate to help and also if you buy from ebay.co.uk and paypal it all looks the same, this helped me. I saved £105:D Also I needed to add a postage fee for the UK, I can't speak German but I know you need to add 11,90 euros. Paid by paypal total bill 179euros =£155. T:
Hope this helps
Kev

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I brought mine from germany £146,just makes you wonder how much the UK importer is making on these springs
its a shame a UK H&R dealer can't cut them out of the deal and go straight to H&R and sell them at the same price.
i'm fitting some for a mate and i'm going to photo it all and i'll post it to help if anyones thinking about fitting them,
i'm only a carpenter and it was simple to do.

·
Registered
419 Posts
mines gettin done on friday, have a set of option 1's for a swb 2.5 camper bit of a gamble but hoping for a softer ride 40mm rear an 50mm front slight nose down.:ILU:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi guys... this thread is so helpful... thanks to you all! Just wanted to confirm what springs i would need for my 1.9tdi T30 2006 T30 panel van 104bhp

The sticker under the bonnet reads....

3000kg
4900kg
1 - 1500kg
2 - 1625kg

I'm a complete lowering novice....

I'd be grateful for your help and advice! Cheers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My springs have just arrived in 7 daysA:, I tracked them every step of the way by DHL.T: don't mention the war, no keep the Germans sweet and they save you moneyLOL:
Next step fitting:confused:luckily I know a manRasp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been looking at these but can't find a local garage that will fit these for under £200.Anyone had springs fitted in south wales for a good price?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The rears are super easy to fit yourself you just need some fat bloke to push down on the rear arm after you have removed the shock bolt and they just pull out then pop the new ones in. Not done the fronts yet as they look a pain.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yes we are doing a deal for you fellas, prices to follow will be a little more than the germans but not too much hopefully around £170 per set delivered

WE ARE DOING OUR BEST FOR YOU FELLAS:D:D:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:(OOPS too late, mine are sat here and the money saved sat in me bank:D also I know 3 other sets of springs sold this week from my link I posted:D and yours are still 15 quid too much:cool: Sorry it's not personal just business

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
:(OOPS too late, mine are sat here and the money saved sat in me bank:D also I know 3 other sets of springs sold this week from my link I posted:D and yours are still 15 quid too much:cool: Sorry it's not personal just business
we're sorry buddy but we can only do what we can!!, I have had to get the new rep from H&R UK to pop in and see me to sort this out, and he assures me that the UK H&R will not handle any warrenty claim's on kits purchased overseas so I recon £15 is a little price to pay for the use of a 2 yr warrenty. our UK stock should hopefully be here next week so delivery would be 24hrs too

1 - 20 of 70 Posts